BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steve Croft our Secretary and I met with a freelance outdoor writer who was working on a feature story for an outdoor publication. We met at Steve's house in Ocean City, where we gave him history on our club and answered his many questions about how we started and what we are about. We will let you know when it goes to print.

Remember, this month we will Have South Jersey Guide Joe Hughes who will give a presentation on Schoolie Bluefin on the fly. Members won't want to miss the exciting footage shown. It will a meeting you will not want to miss.

Steve and I are working on getting the Bay Center for a Saturday in June for a special meeting. Will keep you posted on our progress.

Steve was out giving the fly a shot this morning, without sucess, before it got super windy and reported that there were two of our members doing the same. Hope they report better results.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Nice job guys! Who is the writer and for which publication?
Ray , you have a unique perspective as you were with me at Somerset the day Bob "dropped the bomb"....hahaha...The moment of conception!

[ 05-07-2005, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: Frank Mihalic ]

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Freelance Writer is George Ingram, he has worked for different papers, writing in many different areas and co-written some books. Article is of a Northeast Sportfishing Publication. He saltwater fly fishes a little and may join the club if he can fit it in. We will see what happens.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Yep, saw Steve out at the secret spot... :D I would have joined in on the interview, but I was too busy casting into the 30mph+ winds. :eek:

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave, catching air is only cool in extreme sports like snow boarding etc. Guess all you got was wind burn.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Caught a little more than wind burn (though I did get that too)...!! :D

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is all confirmed. Checked with Joe Hughes and he is all set for his presentation at our meeting this Thursday night at the Bay Center. Bluefin tuna on the Fly. Should be great.

I hope everyone can make it. For those donating to the fly raffle, this months fly of the month will be a clouser, but we will take any other flies you want to make.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Frank, I would like to attend the meeting this Thursday, and join. I was just talking to Capt. Joe on Saturday. I booked a shark trip with him on June 18th. I also asked him when were going to do another bluefin trip. So tell me what I have to do to become a member of SJCFA. -Jim Elliott

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome Jim,

It's pretty easy:) Just show up to the Bayside Center, 520 Bay Ave in OC at 7pm Thursday ( or earlier for casting practice.) Membership dues are $30.00 plus one time initiation fee of $10.00. It will be a great meeting. If you tie bring a couple of clousers for the raffle. Hope to see you there.

Dave D.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tomorrow is meeting night for SJCFA. Hope all our members can make it along with others that might be interested in what we dol. Hope to see everyone there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts