BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st cast was 5:15 am. Last cast 1:15 PM. Could not figure out the bass and pickerel. Had 6 rods rigged in the yak and made a lot of lure changes. Top to bottom, shallow to deep, super slow to fast retrieve. colors to. Cought a mess of big blue gills and yellow perch. 1 crappie. All on a ultra light spinning set up. Free fishing day in Jersey and a youth fishing tournament as well. Big crowds. Now I have to think of a spot for next Saturday.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Go back there, nothing going on there next weekend, they will be calm down, I got a lot of nice bass and pickerel, just to much going on today, they was all in hiding.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buck hunter, I don't fish there alot. Last time my buddy and I were there we caught blue gills, yellow perch, pickerel, and small bass. I caught 1 huge pickerel. None of the bass were even a lb.we talked and agreed that there has to be some bigger bass in there.

·
Registered
594 Posts
could you fish the pond to the west too via the kayak? or could you only fish the big one with the boat ramp?

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
1st cast was 5:15 am. Last cast 1:15 PM. Could not figure out the bass and pickerel. Had 6 rods rigged in the yak and made a lot of lure changes. Top to bottom, shallow to deep, super slow to fast retrieve. colors to. Cought a mess of big blue gills and yellow perch. 1 crappie. All on a ultra light spinning set up. Free fishing day in Jersey and a youth fishing tournament as well. Big crowds. Now I have to think of a spot for next Saturday.
BBP, there are some nice bass is them thar waters. Keep trying my friend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts