BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fun day fishing with 'Mullet Man' south of St Lucie inlet... Beautiful day, probably caught and released 25 fish to 3 lbs.. Some bigger ones are there, learned something too. Was great fun and very tasty on the grill

[ 01-26-2004, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: Ramblin ]

·
Registered
771 Posts
Ramblin,
Its got to be nice. I just talked to my dad and uncle who are also out of Stuart and got in to them pretty good. He also had about 10 dolphin. I heard its going to be 80 tomorrow. Heck, its going to be a nice here with 4-7 inches of snow and a high of 31.

Capt. Jeff

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Hey Mike - Are you going to Flanigan's tomorrow night? If so, see U there.

I was on a friend's SeaVee c/c when we passed you just as we left the Manatee Pocket yesterday.
(Hey, I wasn't driving so don't yell at me for the wake he threw ya. I already yelled at him for you.) Where did you go for the Macs, south straight out or north? There was a HUGE fleet south when we cleared SLI at about 1020am.

We hit no less than 8 spots yesterday to try our luck botom fishing for snapper and grouper. The current was RIPPING at 4-5 kts out at 150'-200'so we came into the 6 Mile and got only a short Red Grouper, tons of bait and a few nurse sharks. That was it. Very frustrating day.

The Coasties were at the main Sandsprit ramp when we got in at 4:30pm, popping EVERYONE for safety gear. It was a good reminder for me to check my boat's gear to see if everything works and is in date. We were OK so no ticket.

P.S. make sure to have your HMS Permit onboard at all times. Not only is USCG empowered to enforce this but NMFS has empowered all Fla FWC and county Sheriff's officers too. It's an easy ticket for these guys. The last few times I was checked at the ramp and once in the Inlet, they asked for it. Every officer was surprised when I showed them my copy sealed up in a Ziploc bag.

Mark
Catch-All

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CAtch, I'll be there Tuesday night. Went to saailfisah flats today, no pompano but caught some real nice sheepshead. See ya at Flanigans

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.