BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part of this springs recommisioning is going to include the addition of the lowrance sonic hub. Where should I place the speakers on my 20ft cc? I was thinking rear facing such as on the rear of the console around knee level spread out as far as possible, or up higher above the steering wheelspaced apart? The sides of the console are a no go because of the console door and I don't think having them forward facing would be good.
Also anyone running the sonic hub? How do you like it?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I have 4 standard speakers on my 225cc, 2 on each side of the gunwales, 1 set across from the cc itself- the other about 5ft up towards the bow box...watch placement so your knees dont crush the face plates when fishing....Hope it helps.

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
I was thinking rear facing such as on the rear of the console around knee level spread out as far as possible, or up higher above the steering wheelspaced apart?
A friend of mine put his below the steering, but not where knee's would hit it. Sounds great there and still sounds good when running. I wish i had that option.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
away from compass.....not that many people even know how to use one with GPS....

speaker magnets will throw it off.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I used a set of Alpine speakers for my WA and I put them in place of my access covers in my corners. I just removed the whole access and screwed some Alpines in and they sound awesome. They sound like I have subs and for $99 bucks I was pleasantly surpised. And they are just running off the head unit. I know what sounds good too, I have been installing my own car audio stuff for years.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
I have two 8 inch round on each side of my seat (leaning post) They are out of the way and even the guy who fishes the bow can hear as he is always singing the words out loud.

·
Registered
156 Posts
On my 21, I mounted a pair in the gunnel, facing the console a bit a aft.
I was concerned it would sound like crap reflecting off the console, but it sounds very good when at the console, and good from most other locations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts