BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another good day of diving outta lauderdale. viz went down from yesterday, around 25-30 feet with zero current. Lobsters were all over in groups of 3 and 4 but we had to work for em today bigtime. Bigger size then yesterday. Had 3 hogs, got my PB hogfish on the way in from the day, one fell off my stringer not sure where it ended up but i never found it.

Everything was in 10-20 Ft, 1st and 2nd reef. Go diving!! It was lake atlantic today, nice n calm.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
That's some damn spectacular dinner right there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you guys are gonna kill me after I post pictures of the cooking tonight.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked some fresh coconuts off a palm tree at the beach too to use the milk for cooking tonight.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just finished dinner...... oooooh you guys are gonna hate me when u see the pictures..... posting from my kindle and mmy fat fingers don't work well with tiuchscreens so pardon the spelling mes

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
If you guys are thinking about moving, there are some CRAZY deals right now in areas like Port Saint Lucie...houses are selling for 50 grand and under....

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, heres dinner -

Coconuts picked fresh, I drew quite the crowd when I scampered up a palm tree at the beach with my dive knife in my teeth to pick these :D

fresh cut bell peppers, onion and lime -

nice pile of tasty hogfish, mutton snapper and spadefish fillets -

Bug taaaailz

Fish, fresh coconut milk, butter, onion, lime, and peppers -

yellow rice, picked this up local at a farmers market, homemade.

Let the hate mail ensue.... :D Had fresh local corn tortillas and beer to go with it all.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We butterflied one tail and sauteed the meat in coconut milk, butter, and a few onions and added this mixture to the yellow rice...

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Please tell me you had some 21 year old college hottie doing cooking. Please please please..........

After all, you did bring the lobster. :D

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Please tell me you had some 21 year old college hottie doing cooking. Please please please..........

After all, you did bring the lobster. :D
Sorry joey it was a guys night.... none of the girls here would be trusted to cook anyways:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts