BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
4,773 Posts
If I dont get this job in Coz I just heard back about in March/April Ill be in the water end of april for stripers.... May Ill start looking for flatties, June Ill be SCUBA diving the wrecks for monkfish, ling, flatties n seabass. July/august/september will be time for tog and sheepshead and more flatties and the wayward striper, and blueclaw crab divin.

March/april in cozumel Ill be hunting Mahi, AJ's, YFT if they show up down there and hogfish and grouper, and cubera snapper.. Scoped out a ledge where some big cubera were hanging around last time I was down there and according to friends it hasnt changed much... All depends on whats around I guess.

· Registered
795 Posts
plan on getting out in may thats when my dive buddys get done school :) gonna be around jersey areas till june then wreck diving with tanks lil offshore. early july then heading up to block island to slay sum big stripers up their along with some nice triggers :thumbsup:

· Registered
745 Posts
If I dont get this job in Coz I just heard back about in March/April Ill be in the water end of april for stripers.... May Ill start looking for flatties, June Ill be SCUBA diving the wrecks for monkfish, ling, flatties n seabass. July/august/september will be time for tog and sheepshead and more flatties and the wayward striper, and blueclaw crab divin.

March/april in cozumel Ill be hunting Mahi, AJ's, YFT if they show up down there and hogfish and grouper, and cubera snapper.. Scoped out a ledge where some big cubera were hanging around last time I was down there and according to friends it hasnt changed much... All depends on whats around I guess.
Please show me a pic with a dart through a cubera snapper!

That would be choice!

Go after that ledge! :bow:

· Registered
4,773 Posts
Its gonna be an interesting trip....

And I forgot about those damn triggerfish that avoided my spear this past summer.

· Registered
4,773 Posts
That guy's diving the shrewsbury rocks and absolutely slaughtering fish...I gotta get a ride out there this season somehow.

· Registered
80 Posts
plan on getting out in may thats when my dive buddys get done school :) gonna be around jersey areas till june then wreck diving with tanks lil offshore. early july then heading up to block island to slay sum big stripers up their along with some nice triggers :thumbsup:
Hoorah! were gonna get em good this yr bud:thumbsup: def gotta break out the 7mms and try sum wrecks, and block Island ohhh baby!:D
Good luck to all, shoot straight and dive safe!

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would love to go up north and do some spearing, I just bought some 7mm bottoms, I want to get maybe a 5mm or 7mm jacket. AK I was talking to your friend about his speargun see if you can get a picture of it I asked him to send me one but i guess i never got it.

· Registered
4,773 Posts
I think Big D is gonna keep his gun for now but look into those mako railguns I sent you the link for. Did you find anything out about PR?

· Banned users
6,340 Posts
I have a friendly question for all spearfishermen, how are you sure that the fish you are shooting is of legal size before you shoot? I imagine it must be hard to be sure if the fish you are shooting are of legal size if it is a close call or the water is not that clear:confused::huh:

· Registered
103 Posts
I have a friendly question for all spearfishermen, how are you sure that the fish you are shooting is of legal size before you shoot? I imagine it must be hard to be sure if the fish you are shooting are of legal size if it is a close call or the water is not that clear:confused::huh:
probally the same way one would tell if a buck is big enough to shoot in grey light ....... shoot and check !! :D iam joking by the way

· Registered
166 Posts
if in doubt dont shoot. And for alot of new divers out there they sould dive more without guns in my opinion.. Just dive and observe... Catch alot hook and line first and be very good at estimating lengths.. Then bring the gun down and be certain before you pull that trigger.... No if's.!

· Registered
2,558 Posts
i keep tape marks on my polespear for flounder tog striper lengths, just incase it helps give you a lil perspective of the sizes underwater if ya hold it out in front of your or lay it on the bottom and swim a few feet from it. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.