BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
These people are F up oh well can't put the boat in then go to the Beach or Wal Mart :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I was about to take my new boat there next week.

Where else is there a ramp? The free ramp in cape may is all I have ever used.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
5th street in North Wildwood or Breezy Lee in Cape May

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Is it blocked off, it was never patrolled in the 1st place
This Governor sux

·
Registered
72 Posts
i dont understand why the ramps are closed. NJDEP was never sitting at any of them. all they ever did was come make sure the area was clean. I use the tuckahoe boat ramp religiously because it is 15 minutes away. Used the boat last weekend, have do go all the way to somerspoint or ocean city to put the boat in. Really makes me want a house on the water to avoid all this crap...

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
DEP DIVISION OF FISH & WILDLIFE LANDS MANAGEMENT UPDATE
RESTRICTED ACCESS AT SOME WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREAS
Due to temporary state-mandated employee furloughs, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Fish & Wildlife is temporarily restricting access to some Wildlife Management Areas throughout the month of July. New Jersey State Government employee furloughs are underway for the month of July as a result of agreements reached between the State and public employee unions to address the economic downturn resulting from the COVID-19 public health emergency. The DEP’s Division of Fish and Wildlife manages the state’s Wildlife Management Areas, and is authorized to limit access to these areas in order to protect public health, safety, and the environment during this time pursuant to N.J.A.C. 7:25-2.26.

For a list of Wildlife Management Areas affected by the temporary access restrictions, visit https://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/wmas.htm

Section 7:25-2.26 - Restrictions on use
(a) Nothing contained in N.J.A.C. 7:25-2 shall preclude the Division from limiting, or closing from, public use any specific land and water areas under its control, effective immediately upon making the finding that prevailing conditions warrant such restriction to protect the users, or to protect and preserve the land and water areas, or both, and continuing for so long as such conditions warrant.(b) Notice of the restrictions shall be given by the posting of signs on or about the restricted area or other appropriate location and one of the following:1. Distribution of a press release to the news media;2. Public notice published in the New Jersey Register; or3. Public notice published in a newspaper in the locale.

So what is the "finding?" Due to state mandated employee furloughs? The site is un-manned/not attended. Where is the "cross-connection?" How are they protecting the users with the closure? They ARE SURE screwing the users!!!

Call the Cape May County State Legislative District to voice your concerns/compliants - 609-778-2012

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Just Curious
Is the ramp chained or gated in any way ?
When the Gov. closed the state parks a few months back , they put a cone out front
that me & my dog just walked around

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ramp was blocked off with yellow vinyl rope & 1/4 ton concrete blocks. Had to transport the concrete blocks from the NJDEP, Bureau of Land Management yard in Millville, NJ. Used small 4-wheel crane which had to be transported too.
Installation costs more than the employee furlough saved.....:please: :thumbsdown: :nuts:

NJDEP Property Management telephone #609-940-4109

1 - 13 of 13 Posts