BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Wipe it off and most importantly. Back the drag off all the way.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER LUBE IT.I WIPE MINE OFF AFTER MISTING IT WITH A LITE SPRAY,DRY IT,AND BACK THE DRAG OFF.I ACTUALLY USE WOODY WAX ON THE FINISH OF MY REELS FOR EASY CLEANING.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Much the same for me, I always make sure to
rinse my reels down right after each use...
And every so often hit them with WD40....

And I Service Them Once A Year Usually During
the Off-Season....

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Hey guys! You definitely want to rinse them off after every use, back the drags off, and hit them with some WD40 or Corrosion Block every so often. I send them out once a year to get serviced. The reason for backing off the drags is to prevent the drag washers from getting compressed. Once that happens, you'll have a sticky, stiff drag on your reel.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Ditto, guys...
Thanks for the drag info. Makes sense; never thought too much aboot it.
B-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Get a VS and don't worry about it. (just kidding)
I lightly rinse off, a little soap on occasion, back the drag off, and check the screws (bail, housing,etc) on the reel when you think of it. A little lube of your choice on the roller, etc and you are good to go. Nothing worse than a lost screw on the tip of the jetty.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I tighten the drag down rinse it off, back the drag back off and spray it with wd-40 then wipe off the excess. Never have any problems.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I ride'm hard & put them away wet! Just like a horse.

Actually a rinse every use and WD-40 & I never had any problems. I never heard about backing off the drag but it makes sense!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Going To Move This Over To The TackleBox Forum
As Well To Get You Some More Responses...

Thx,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts