BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some quick simple advise,im looking for a 5 or 6 foot spinning rod for tuna , I will be useing brade ,I would like something indestructible to fisherman abuse,I dont care about light weight or fancy looks just a plain jain mack truck ,also looking for it to be affordable,affordable is different to all so lets start with cheap and I will look up from there .there were alot of great topicks I have read in the past but most seem like they are about pretty light high tech ,im more your k.i.s.s. Kinda guy

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
If your talking cheap manufactured rods, look into the Airwave Rods. I am not sure if the spinners are available at this moment, but they are one of the better manufactured "cheap" rods when we talk about performance.

If your looking for abuse at a cheap price, your looking at composite materials that will hold up better to being dropped, knocked over and other mishaps. The down side to cheaper rod blanks is the performance when compared to the "nano" materials. Without the new nano stuff, these rods would be incredible, but once the new materials were introduced, they really do make a difference!

We build on composite blanks as well and the rods are anywhere from $225 - $280, depending on the components. The rods can get cheaper without some of the ""bling".

Check with Joe from Terminator Tackle, he has some great deals from time to time and his rods are a work of art when it comes to detail and looking unique. My buddy has a Three Kings Rod from Joe and I have stated publicly that is one of the best looking rods I have seen.
Kevin Bogan has a line of rods he has had great success with for years as well.
We have the Bushido Line, Kil has his line of rods, .....My point, you are about to get hit with alot of options! :D

One thing to remember is the materials will vary and the pressure placed on both the fish and the fisherman will vary with the materials. There are several builders and reps up here that can explain their products with better detail. Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts