BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the boat in the water and what a nice day it was!
Georgie Banks, TTT-Bone, and I put the boat in in the dense fog and decided to run out and look for some early season stripers.

Expecting to catch at least 90 or so(LOL) we sniffed out a few spots and finally dropped the anchor in the mist around the Bug. We marked sporadically and had bunker jumping all around us- but could not put together a bite. Water was arounf 50 degrees and murky.

We moved, in the mist again, to some more shallow water- around 13 feet at high tide and found 49 degree even murkier water. TTT-Bone saved the day with one schoolie striper and Georgie managed a few Horseshoe Crabs. Not quite the day we were looking for and the dense fog made moving around and getting back to the dock a slow, dangerous feat- but we managed fine and she is back at Skip's dock safe and sound- ready to battle another day.

Talked to Mayhem out there and believe me it was QUIET!

Thanks Todd and Georgie for your help today. Lew and Skip(my normal splash guys) you were missed!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Gunns,glad the shakedown went well and you kept the stripes off the boat. I'll be out there tomorrow,hope to do just a tad better;)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Very nice Cuz... Well not really.... Glad to see my rods worked well again:D Ahhhh I wish you could have gotten some more but it will happen. Good job anyway and glad to see you have the boat splased.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Watch out for the Biting Clams!

Guns....we sure gave this "EASY, NO BRAINER FISHING" a college try!!

As with every fishing trip....I learned a couple of important things/lessons.

1. Charter guys make catching fish look very easy to do!......Its not EASY!
2. Don't stick your hand into a Sack of Clams without looking!!! :eek: I'm hoping to get some of the feeling back in my pinky some time next week!:eek: :mad: :D

We'll get em next trip....thanks again to you and George for a nice time on the Water.

Ps. Feester.....I might drop off your rods this weekend...my kids got hurt playing sword fights with them, and my dog broke a tooth on another...so before your rods hurt anyone else in my family you better take them back.
Were your rods always two piece set ups?? :D

Ttt-tbone

·
Registered
19,549 Posts
Tom, you were fishing, that's the ticket, with this weather I've been only at the dock.

I'll see ya on the water, I know your boat, keep and eye out for the "Dirty Deeds". I always see you on the water, now ya know me.

Looking forward to a great fishing season. Marine Tom

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah great day to be on the water- that was for sure. Just wish we could have sealed the deal with a few more beauties- that's all.

Marine Tom- give me a scream when you see me on the water. I'm always on 78- you can bet on that.

Kevin- it was so foggy I couldn't find my cellie! LOL Yeah- actually all my attention was on paying attention to the fog and the radar and the gps. I could hear Rodfather telling me in my ear that it was more like a video game than actually piloting a boat. Thank God it was calm or it would have been real interesting.

TTT_Bone other then that Greenhead song(which I have played about 10 more times) that clam thing was classic. If anyone has every drum fished or clammed for stripers with whole clams- we have all gotten a finger or two stuck in the almighty clam. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Truth be told- Todd took a few of them suckers home to experiment with the wifey! LOL

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
TTT-TBONE said:
Ps. Feester.....I might drop off your rods this weekend...my kids got hurt playing sword fights with them, and my dog broke a tooth on another...so before your rods hurt anyone else in my family you better take them back.
Were your rods always two piece set ups?? :D

Ttt-tbone
Oohhh you still have the kids and dog? I thought you got rid of them when you got carpet and hardwood floors???:D :rolleyes: ;) Yea it's going to be neat, it will be like Christmas getting new, old rods that I already payed for. Wait that kinda sucks!!!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Tom:
I have been on the water many with early morning fog conditions, but I could not believe that it did not burn off for the entire time that we were out....Glad that you were able to get us out and back again through bad visibility all day.......Then it was like someone had lifted the shades when we entered the Canal around 4PM......The sun was out bright and the air was much warmer than it had been all day.......Todd kept things light most of the day expecially when his pinkie got stuck inside of an eager clam >>>>>>OUCH !!!

Happy for you that everything checked out on the Partnership OK smf thanks for the call.......I owe you a trip on the Minnie III sometime soon........Geo. :) :)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Tommy Glad your in the water and wet a line. You'll have bent rods before you know it. Im leaving Florida Saturday and be back home in a week. Hope to see you soon, johnny

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Tommy,
Always good to hear a Partnership report. Still early so best is yet to come. Need to get working on my boat so I can hunt down some cows soon. Keep in touch.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
zar2754 said:
any day on the water is a day well spent.

thanks for the report.
THAT'S 100% THE TRUTH ZAR !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts