BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys thought i would put this out there...I had talked to an old salt last yr. that fished all over in atlantic county..He told me that he would jig spoons in deeper holes and by some of the local bridges....I can't recall if he told me about doing this at night or day and figured i'd ask you guys as far experience with spoons...Crippled herring..Bunker spoons...I know guys troll them but i'm looking at as far as fishing them from a boat off drop offs holes inlets..Just some advice and as far as selection...It is something i haven't tried but have talked to few older guys that use to work them and they told me they worked on bass and weakies...Thanks guys Pazman

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow....This must be classified info.:)...No wonder i never here anything about them...Just kidding guys...We'll any info. appreciated...Pazman

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Paz - I've trolled bunker spoons and jigged Silver Buddys for bass during the daytime and have done well.

Trolling bunker spoons is very popular up in the raritan and puts some big fish in the boat. Trolling is my least favorite way to fish for bass but sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Jigging spoons work well for stripers. Drop it to the botton then lift it quickly for about
1 1/2 to 2 ft. Then let it flutter to the bottom--almost all of your strikes will come as it flutters back to the bottom. Pay close attention to your line as it drops. It requires a sort of controlled drop which is hard to explain and requires some practice. You have to follow the spoon down without putting tension on it.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Plenty of success jigging spoons over schools of fish in open water, but honestly I've never thought to try it in deep holes 'round back. I'd suggest sticking with small, slim models like little Crippled Herring and AVA-007's.

Let us know how you do with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.