BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out again in Titusville in Mosquito Lagoon. Picked up some Ladyfish and Redfish, wading in knee deep water. Gators were visible, black racer snakes seen by yours truly, I hear Water Moqs as well.

Anyway, the Red is similar to the striper, and these guys use the hell out of 1/2 ounce spoons. They come in different colors down here, common ones are red, yellow and silver. They cast nice and are great for Reds. Just wanted to pass that along, might be something to try in the Fall from the surf or whatever, cheap way to go as well.

Take Care

·
Registered
723 Posts
dr. bass yeah them spoons work well down there its good to see someone catching some decent fish i probably will be down that way over the winter .

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give me a shout before you come, I should know what the hell I am doing by then.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to add, how about a long country ride down a road that takes you through Kalamazoo, Farmton, and Cow Creek. Whoa baby, this is NOT New Jersey.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Dr. Bass, In the Outer Banks they put a Curly tail grub on the spoon. I know they love gold down there. Is it the same in Florida? I hope to catch a "Red Drum" one of these years.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Dr. Bass, We've used a gold spoon with a hammered finish. Works great. We'll be using it next week. short trip though.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
DR BASS, Used gold spoon with brown curly tail last winter and it was hot

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by sic yakker:
Dr. Bass, In the Outer Banks they put a Curly tail grub on the spoon. I know they love gold down there. Is it the same in Florida? I hope to catch a "Red Drum" one of these years.
Did not see that, but I am sure they use it. I will give it a try next time, thanks

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by aimless2:
Dr. Bass, We've used a gold spoon with a hammered finish. Works great. We'll be using it next week. short trip though.
Hey , Dan how are you?? Hammered fish?? Smashed pinfish or an actual species??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts