BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying I know that the SPOT is not a means of Rescue/Safety!

With that being said can you guys give me your opinion if its worth the money at all?

I figured it would be a good way to send my wife a message every so often to let her know that we are ok. Is this the right way to think or am I way off on this one.

Does it send accurate coordinates when a message is sent?

Feedback wanted

·
Registered
317 Posts
Since I do alot of fishing from a jetski I believe the SPOT is the most important thing I carry with me. I have the original SPOT and love it and it gives my wife peace of mine. I believe it is worth every penny. She gets every message and when I come home and look on the computer it appears the gps coordinates are dead on. It never leaves my life jacket.
SAFETY FIRST!:thumbsup: Great to take hunting or hiking as well. And yes it is a means of rescue the 911 button will send rescue services to your location.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Got one before the summer. It is great. I have 2 pre set messages that we send out while offshore. One is all ok. We send a message out every couple hours to let family know our position and that all is ok. Once you get the message on land on your computer the maps are very accurate. It gives the exact lat and lon of where you are. I have been as far as the Spencer canyon with it. The messages seem to get delivered in a few minutes. We did not even use the sat phone once this summer. Once they make these capable of 2 way texting I will ditch the sat phone. I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. do you guys have the tracking service or just the 99.99 service

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
My brother uses one and he takes it with him in Trinidad and when he makes trips to Baha. He goes each year and its send emails where ever he is. Very accurate.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input fellas. Think Im gonna go with the Spot II with the 99.99 service.

Keeps the wife off my back a little bit. Worth every penny :bow:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Be careful with the account......make sure you specify,and then check it ,on a routine basis.....I got charged for all the extras,which I did not sign up for,and they have recurring charges,meaning you will be charged automatically.....you have to tell them to turn it off(safety reasons)

I got quite the surprise,with know emails,phone calls etc,from them.:thumbsdown:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts