BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly every time I pull my drop net at the dock I am catching spots. Perfect size for weakies and big flounder.

In two weeks I caught three. In the past three days I picked up forty. Best time seem to be at half tide. Also a lot of small silver perch and baby drum.

We may try to do a show this evening using live spots. Just hate trying so close to the full moon.

On my drop net I took a small crab bait clip and tied it to the top of the net frame. Half a bunker seems to do the trick. Minnows, crabs and all kinds of fish.

[ 08-18-2005, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: chunking ]

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Spots, man I used to catch a ton of them when I was young. Great, Great bait for big weakies. Do you think we may see a comeback up in the OC area?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
for the past few days spots have been making a showing in my traps in NWW........I fished the sods behind WWC last night from 6 until about 9PM...I got several 19-22" stripers....nice, fat and healthy....water was crystal clear...until the tide turned and all the smutz, grass etc. came off the islands...there were fish swirling all around...seemed to be feeding on spearing and sea worms that were floating by...but they were all over my popper when I used a S>>L>>>O>>W retrieve...cant make it again tonight but Ill be back on Friday....along with the spots... :D

[ 08-18-2005, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: med ]

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
You are not going to believe this. I took my kids to the beach around the OC/Sea Isle area. My brother is fishing for kings and he pulls in 8 SPOTS!!! I couldn't believe it. I haven't seen them in years. Chunking you must have some sort of good vibe around you. I'm smelling big weakies on the jetties next week. Man I'm loving it.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Also.......

1 SPOT = 1 STRIPER :D

1 SPOT = 1 TUNA FISH :D

Save those spots and fish em up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts