BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not? Can you spray steel wheels with galvanized spray or do you need to have galvanized wheels for boat trailer? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I can't say for sure how it will hold up on the wheels, but I know it didn't hold up on a bracket I made. On my old trailer I made a bracket for a marker light, sprayed it with galvanized spray paint and it was starting to rust by the end of the season.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
It will hold up until you dunk them. I've sprayed a lot of repairs to my trailers with it but it always ends up rusting. The only way to go is galvanized rims.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I thought thanks for confirming.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Don't waste your time, they will just rot right out from you. The thing about galvanizing is it is supposed to be done with the material hot, that cold spray does not do much in terms of protection.

Also, is the trailer galvanized or aluminum? If not then you should think of getting one if you are dunking in salt water or it will not last long.

Not sure if this is a stupid question or not? Can you spray steel wheels with galvanized spray or do you need to have galvanized wheels for boat trailer? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes galvanized thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts