green needlefish, yellow bottle plug, pearl pencil popper
2oz t-hex, ava 017 green tube
white bucktail with long white profile
storm shads in bunker and pearl
THANKS!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
depending on where you fish will have a lot to do with what you will have in your bag. In early spring where i fish(north/central jersey), I will start with small bucktails, bombers, etc. May through July my bag will have mostly large pencil poppers(2.5-3.5 oz), large swimmers, and big darters.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I kinda throw the same type, but maybe not needles as much. Its pretty much subsurface plugs in basic colors. If the bass are there I'm gettin em. I do start out with smaller plugs for a few weeks, but by May 1st, its big plugs that dive, white and yellow on a full moon, black in dirty water, black or blurple on a new moon, white, yellow or pink on a sunny day. Darters, bottles and bucktails on rough Noreasters, poppers on a blitz, which is never down here...:eek:..

My advice don't mean anything for the guys up north, they be using alot more pencil popping action, there bait in the surf up there, down here we fish blind and I scan for them down below, as surface doesn't seem to be key in CM.

I think if I had one color for the spring, I would pick white/pink sides..djc.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your replies. Last spring, late april, early may i did get up to 1 32incher on a 3/4oz crocodile spoon and a lot on pink and smoke twister tails. 5 on clams late april.
i heard some large bunker are around early spring, reason why i put some big lures in the bag for this year. and, i have to admit zenos book got me excited about the possibility of big bass in the spring.
thanks again.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
this easy

I prefer crossover baits "lures that simulate more than one bait species" example would be tops striper magnets 2nd bass *** next curly tailed grubs and finally sluggos:) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts