BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,812 Posts
As soon as the water hit 55, Brigantine is heating up in the surf!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Please tell me the spring run is yet to come.:confused:
It's starting tomorrow - when I get to NWW for a 4 day weekend --- The Spring Bay-Invading Blues JUST showed up for there Annual Spring Migration North (2 to 10 pounders). Watch your flounder/weakfish rods for the next 2 weeks(snap-crackle+pop) in the back bays and Inlet/beaches ! When these bruisers arrive the early spawning Stripers have finished there 'thing' to start there trek to New England and will be among them in the surf as well as the Drum! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Judging by the amount of local chatter hear and elsewhere I'd say it is starting.Which usually means by the time I get there they will be gone.haha

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
been a horrible start, unless you live near a river, I guess...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
been a horrible start, unless you live near a river, I guess...
You do realize that striped bass enter tidal rivers each spring to SPAWN, right? I'm not spot burning to reveal this basic fact about anadromous fish like shad, herring and striped bass. The spring run STARTS in the estuaries leading into the rivers in which the stripers SPAWN and then builds as the fish leave the river, enter the estuary (see post-spawn fish in Raritan Bay this week) and move up the beaches.

It's not the fall when the bass move south, eating every day. THE SPRING RUN IS ALL ABOUT SEX, AND THEIR BOUDOIR IS A TIDAL RIVER. #science

Don't you get hungry after sex? The striped bass sure do.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Your March and April back bay experience sounds very limited... :huh:

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Your March and April back bay experience sounds very limited... :huh:
I guess you don't realize that there is no back bay Striper bite in March and April, and the Spring run doesn't start till after they're all spawned out and work their way back out front in late May? :D

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I guess you don't realize that there is no back bay Striper bite in March and April, and the Spring run doesn't start till after they're all spawned out and work their way back out front in late May? :D
I've caught more bass in March an April in the last 10 yrs then you've probably ever caught in your life.;)

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
I've caught more bass in March an April in the last 10 yrs then you've probably ever caught in your life.;)
Silly boy, all those pics we see of Bass in March and April aren't real. All the articles about back bay Bass in March and April are just to sell magazines.

There's no Bass in March and April unless you're on river. Didn't anyone ever tell you that? :D :D

(PS - Since you missed the first :D, I used two this time_)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
If I close my eyes, tap my ruby slippers together, and say "anadromous" three times, will I catch a keeper?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
You do realize that striped bass enter tidal rivers each spring to SPAWN, right? I'm not spot burning to reveal this basic fact about anadromous fish like shad, herring and striped bass. The spring run STARTS in the estuaries leading into the rivers in which the stripers SPAWN and then builds as the fish leave the river, enter the estuary (see post-spawn fish in Raritan Bay this week) and move up the beaches.

It's not the fall when the bass move south, eating every day. THE SPRING RUN IS ALL ABOUT SEX, AND THEIR BOUDOIR IS A TIDAL RIVER. #science

Don't you get hungry after sex? The striped bass sure do.
I guess the spring run doesn't happen out front, eh? Must have been dreaming all those times I thought I was out there gettin em:huh:

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thought you was moving up the mountains
Hey Mike. You still fishing?
Got to pay the house off.
Kids are done with college, bills are all paid.
Couple more years on the house and I'll be in the mountains.
Been getting lots of small to very small fish at you know what inlet.
A few weakies were caught also.
One night some bigger fish were on bunker and a bunch of keepers were caught.
Spring run ???????
Not like it used to be.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Havent gone this year yet might go down one night next week or up north on boat for stripers. Plenty of time the spirit is willing but the the bod aint as willing as much anymore. Will be out for flounder sa much as possible. Mostly up north then south when the water warms a little at the reefs and old grounds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts