BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time coming down to North Wildwood this early cause I heard it was so darn good. Be down April 26th.......Will the fishin turn on by then??????

Also...we will be bringin some home brew down....so look for one grey head and a bald dork at the Hereford Inlet in North Wildwood.....stayin at the Harbor Mist.....look for the bass barn decals....ask for a brew.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i fish north wildwood alot. try 2nd street at the inlet or the north side of the toll bridge heading north before you get on the island. i have luck there.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
goog luck

Should be good by then, last year that exact time the bass were lined up and down the beaches of SJ.....

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
If the weather cooperates, April 26 should be a good time. It's a bit early for the cows -- they generally don't start until mid-May -- but you should get plenty of schoolie action, with the chance at larger fish, up to around 12 lbs. or so.

Every year, I tell myself I'm going to wait until the water temperature at buoy 44009 hits 50 before I start fishing the front. And every year, after a long winter of no fishing, I can't wait that long. But the key point is that 50 degrees at 44009 seems to be a magic number, and when you get there, the action becomes much more consistent. Since the temp at 44009 has been in the 48-49 degree range the last few days, by April 26 it should be in the low fifties, and you should be in good shape.

I'll add only two things on this:

- fishing the back can be good long before 44009 hits 50
- 44009 hit 50 briefly on Sunday (it actually went up to 53), but plummeted shortly thereafter. I've found that the "trigger" for front-facing beach bites in S. Jersey is when 44009 hits 50 and stays there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts