Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by BlueHurricane:
Is it later this year or earlier?
The season for 2006 will run from March 23 through May 21

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Yaa it blows. I love starting off the season with some flounder the first week of march. By the time the season opens the stripers will be here and no on will fish for them. Maybe thats a good thing??? As I haer though, its a good run this yr. Talken to some guys that dive in the bays, they say the flounder are still out of the mud and are plentiful. Hope they stay around.

·
Registered
408 Posts
There are a couple commercial fyke nets set up at the end of the discharge canal. Word is they have been doing well. If winter stays warm the flounder may spawn early and head out of the bay before the season even opens.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Talked to a guy who has a buddy in sharkriver. He said they are catching and releasing up to 40 keeper size flounder a day. Hope they stay around til march 23. I may go give it a shot this weekend and try out the berkely gulp blood worms and sand worms. See ya.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scarface,
My shop is Bayville on Hickory Ln. That is where she is at right now. During the season my boat is at my in-laws on East Hickory in Lanoka. Hopefully it will be a different boat this season, mines for sale. Since you are from around here you may have seen the Maker's Mark catchin lots of fish ;)

http://www.thebassbarn.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008973

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.