BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After work on saturday, headed up north to Spruce Run. Fished from 2200 - 0200 hrs. Moderate winds but the fish were busting bait @ the surface. Top water stick baits performed great. Lot's of fish caught and missed. A little cool @ 0200 in the AM. Bring the fleece and good luck with the Hybrids!!!

[ 05-10-2006, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Micu2666 ]

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A fresh water cross between a salty & white bass. Introduced by the Fish & Game, it's a formitable
adversary. Spruce Run allows 9.9 motors. It's a 2 hour run for me and despite the gas prices. I try to go once a week. Your allowed to keep (2), but I'm not sure of the minimal length.
If you enjoy top water strikes. Bring the nitro pills because you will have chest pain. There is also an evening bite that involves live lining small herring you can buy at the local bait shop.

I can only hope you will give it a shot because you will not forget it. Good luck!!!!!

[ 05-10-2006, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Micu2666 ]

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have done it before at Spruce and a local guy called them freshwater tuna. That first run off explains why...

·
Registered
168 Posts
What part of Spruce Run were you fishing? I've heard that guys do well in the cove near goose island... but I've heard recently they're catching them off the point near the campground.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Campers point away from the lake side camp sites. I also heard from others that the north side of the spill way was producing. For the past 3 years I would bet my pay check on the south side of the spill way. I guess fish can change to??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.