BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Somebody has got to know WHO this guy is. How can he stay out of the public for so long. He's been running his mouth as long as I can remember.

could this really be him?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
No way that nut would put his name on his boat. I only hear him In OC when the conditions are just right and it might only be about 3-4 times a year and thats enough.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We always thought he was on a base station or a smaller boat.Never hear him outside the 30 line or for that matter the 20 line.The boat pictured is certainly a 30 line boat.

I started hearing him in 1990 when I fished mostly inshore the SI Ridge,2FB ect...Always get him heavy in the fall.

·
Registered
89 Posts
We should put a bounty on him first guy to positivly ID him gets a dinner,case of beer what ever.How about a $1.00 from all who chime in on this thread.

Any PI's on this site?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Not quite. Its not going to be that easy.
He is based out of Cape May Harbor somewhere. When you can remove the antenna coax connector and still hear him, he is very close. BTDT one nasty day in front of Harborview! Somewhere between BZL and SJ Marina.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I always thought he was a commercial guy tormenting the recs.
The first time I heard him ask for directions from WW to NWW I was drinking coffee that I spit all over the windshield. Some days I look forward to hearing from him to break up a slow day.

·
Registered
543 Posts
"We're bailing em,their jumpin in the boat!!Anyone know what the limit is on stripers!!"

Heard him a couple times in the fall for stripers.Had my dad and my uncle with me the one time and they loved it he's a friggin riot!

·
Banned
269 Posts
dont think that guy is calling in from a boat, i bet it is from a house. If he was on a boat, he'd be indentified by now. always remember, never use boats to commit or escape from crimes, u will be caught ever time.:)

·
Banned
81 Posts
ss seahawk

I herd him on the radio off of ocean city nj on a charter. first I thought he was for real and the crue wanted the captain to go there because he was balling stipers. but then we realized it was for entertainment. I never had some much fun with my boys out there man. Who ever he is he is a cool dude and dont let nobobdy rattle him with cussin. he gets all the dudes started and they should chill, its all funny

·
Registered
543 Posts
Uncle Flueger said:
I herd him on the radio off of ocean city nj on a charter. first I thought he was for real and the crue wanted the captain to go there because he was balling stipers. but then we realized it was for entertainment. I never had some much fun with my boys out there man. Who ever he is he is a cool dude and dont let nobobdy rattle him with cussin. he gets all the dudes started and they should chill, its all funny
thats some funny stuff right there ,dont care who ya are! He's a riot and people get on him but that kinda makes for a little more humor!!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
he is probably sitting at home on his computer reading this thread saying to himself what a bunch of a$$holes. Someone somewhere knows this dude, I have heard the same thing that he is land based. I have been hearing him on the radio for about 10 years now.

1st time I heard him was early spring while we were fishing the rips, he was catching the "elusive green marlin"

I think it's all in good fun.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
I've even heard him in the Canyons. His signal is always very clear, though I never thought he was at a base station! Some boats have direction finder VHF's and one day he'll be ratted out!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts