BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

We are looking for beta testers for our new SST Android app. We want to submit the app to the Android Market Place in about 2 weeks and would like some user feedback and testing before going public. If you want to give it a try on your Droid device send me an email and I will send you the app and instructions on how to install.

Our iPhone and iPad apps have been out for about a year and have been very popular.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
[email protected]
http://www.sstol.com

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Easy to install. Looks great! This is going to kick a$$!!!! Count me in on subscribing this season! The fish don't stand a chance now! :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
This looks great. My question is how frequently are the charts updated and how does the full subscription with GPS tracking compare to the Sirius temperature overlay charts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi TunaBully,

Our northeast season runs from 4/1 to 11/15. During that time charts are updated at least daily, sometimes twice a day depending on cloud cover. During the off season we update weekly or upon demand for our Hatteras members.

There is no real comparison with the Sirius SST data - Sirius uses merged (averaged) data at a very low resolution (which is why they never show any cloud cover). Our charts are high resolution individual satellite shots (and will show clouds when they are there). With a GPS enabled device (droid smartphone, iPhone or 3G iPad 1 or 2) you will see your boat position right on our charts - just like a chart plotter. In fact, if you have a chart plotter with "video-in" capability you can purchase the necessary video cables to connect your droid or iphone to the video-in port on your chart plotter and view our GPS enabled charts in a window on your chart plotter.

Hope that helps.

Thanks to all who have been testing our beta app. Your feedback is very helpful.:thumbsup:

Mike
[email protected]
http://www.sstol.com

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Mike,
after your email, I played around with the different charts and options. Honestly.......it looks and seems to work great! I always suggest having an app just in case you lose your electronics, but this may become the go to for temps. Using a cell phone and having all of this at your fingertips will be priceless! Great job on it and you can count me in. :)

Again, great job on the programming.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts