BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
St. Andrew, Patron of Fisherman's feastday is November 30th.

I predict that a state record striped bass will be caught on this day.

I will be out fishing, will you?

·
Registered
492 Posts
WHY IS ST ANDY HOLDING WOOD ?? SHOULDNT HE BE HOLDING LIKE A CALCUTTA 400 ON A STAR ROD, OR AT LEAST A ZEBCO COMBO, THEY WERE PRETTY POPULAR BACK THEN.

·
Registered
492 Posts
OH YA, I HEARD THAT TOO ! I ALSO HEARD ST ANDY WAS THE FIRST TO COME UP WITH THE IDEA FOR BANJO MINNOW. ST ANDY AND JOHN THE BAPTIST WERE BAPTIZING PEOPLE ONE DAY AND THEY SAW MINNIES SWIMMING AROUND THEIR FEET, AND TRIED DUPLICATING THE ACTION. THEN THE ROMANS GOT PISSED BECAUSE THEY WERENT GONNA GET ANY OF THE PROCEEDS AND BEHEADED JOHN. DUDE , WERE GONNA ROT IN HELL.YOU BETTER ASK FOR FORGIVENESS.- YOUR PENANTS SHALL BE TO FISH ALL WEEKEND.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I guess I should plan to fish the 30th since he is the patron saint that I am confirmed after. The exact reason is as you stated he is the patron saint of fishermen

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Praise the lord and pass the clams :rolleyes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks like Andy has a nice basket of fish there to his right. I think he's over the limit though and they look small too boot. Hope the patron saint of game wardens doesn't show up.

·
Registered
492 Posts
na, they were the banjo minnows he was working on.

[ 11-17-2004, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: animosity2 ]

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Jacky...you're going to hell and stuck in purgatory one more day everyday your signature reads as it does...LOL...i still laugh at it so I'll probably be fishing right next to you...only thing is we'll probably be the bait getting chomped on over and over like ground hog day

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
I think St. Joseph's day is more appropriate. It is usually the first day we see the return of the osprey.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts