BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
i have the 10 foot 1-4oz mojo. It's a real fast rod ,with a sweet spot around 3 oz.No way your throwing 1 oz.Very light weight ,and casts a mile.Overall I like the rod,it's lightweight like all their rods,so you can throw it all day without getting tired.It's a little too fast (very stiff) for me though.It casts far but you got to put a lot of muscle behind it.I think the 10' 3/4 - 4 oz might have been a better choice for me.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have the 10'6" and it is still hard to load with under 2 oz, but I have had other st croix rods that have had the same action, so I am used to it. I like it because it is light as can be. It feels like it weighs about the same as my 9 foot Tica. When you do load it, it throws a 2 oz metal a mile, and I was throwing needles this fall just as far.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Great blanks, among the best surf blanks out there. Piss poor guide setup (bastardization of the Lowrider / Fuji LC framework that was done not for performance, but for eye appeal) that is really a shame considering the quality of the blanks.

Even with the lousy layout, though, these rods cast and fish very, very well. You could do a lot worse for a factory plugging rod.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info guys went with an Airwave Elite 11'4 rated for 4-8 not a St.Croix but a really nice rod

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Yeah, I shuddered at the sight of that reel in the sand! What is a 706Z? Who is the maker? Looks like a Penn SSm 7.

no longer made tank made by penn reels
about the next best thing to use in the surf without paying a fortune for a zeebaas vanstaal or penn torgue

but to find a new in box one today will cost you about half as much
saw one go for $350 dollars online the other day

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
no longer made tank made by penn reels
about the next best thing to use in the surf without paying a fortune for a zeebaas vanstaal or penn torgue

but to find a new in box one today will cost you about half as much
saw one go for $350 dollars online the other day
however, finding a used one will be under $100. i had a bail less 704z and a 710z, or 714z..can't remember. didn't like the reels to be honest. however, i knew for a fact it would NEVER fail me while i had it....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts