BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking to get a st. croix tidemaster or avid for jigging and throwing for small blues striper and flounder. i already have a mojo inshore works great with the new shimano stratic 5000 with dimond braid.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Whats your question? I have 10 premier series,and 4 tidewater 6-12lb class rods.I won't switch to aonther.The new stradic is not as good as old.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
St. Croix 7' MHF 'muskie" rod - love it and use it for everything (fluke, blues, stripers, cbass and blues). I do want to try a 7 1/2 foot for tog once I have the $$$$.

One word of caution - they do call them St. Snap for a reason - do not "candycane" it with a fish of weight like a 10 lb blue or even a big old doggie as it will break. I am hard on my tackle and probably do not take enough care of them so I have snapped a few in my time. St. Croix is real good about the return if within the warentee - outside of the warentee - need to pay about $80 to get it shipped to ya provided no 'abuse' is discovered by the folk at he factory.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I had 2 st croix tidewater 7-6 med fast
rods, my go to rods for throwing plastic
and lighter lures. Granted one did break,
mid cast, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy
another. I replaced broken rod with Loomis
Green Water 7-6, another nice choice. Mid
Cast break on st croix was after 8 years of
use and they offered a coupon for re-purchase.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
On the Stradic my repairman said last year(feb) they new cost more and not built as well.LOVE the muskie rods! But no partyboat swing over the side.Leader or net unless its a fluke,YOU Cavemen>

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Down here the MOJO BASS 6', 8" med, X tra fast tip is VERY popular for light tackle jigging..

I just paired mine up with a battle 3000. very good balance with 15lb power pro..

Used for throwing up to 1.5oz jig heads with soft plastics..

·
Registered
575 Posts
Tidemaster

i was looking to get a st. croix tidemaster or avid for jigging and throwing for small blues striper and flounder. i already have a mojo inshore works great with the new shimano stratic 5000 with dimond braid.
I HAVE A ST CROIX tidemaster7-6
TS76MM 8-17 LINE 1/4-3/4 OZ
EX COND $65 PICKUP
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts