BASS BARN banner

Stainless Steel Clam Rakes

8K views 45 replies 26 participants last post by  What the Puck 
#1 ·
The price is all ready higher on my website site, so this is a barner special.

$45 for the rake head (shipping included)
or $60 for the rake with the handle, pickup only

These rake heads are ALL stainless steel. They measure 6.5" across and have 6 teeth. The width of the teeth are perfect to get the just legal clams without breaking your back. If you ever clammed with a store bought rack, you know they are a pain in the A$$.

The rake head is mounted on an 60" ash wood handle with stainless steel hardware.

You can buy either just the rake head or the head mounted on the handle ready to clam with.

Each rake will come with a 1 year guarantee against defects.

See less See more
#14 ·
As a guy who does some metal fab work himself, I have got to ask...

How the heck do you make a profit selling those things for $45 shipped?

Stainless isn't cheap (and getting more expensive by the day), and there is a lot of cuts/bends/welds on that thing!

Nice looking product!

#17 ·
JerseyZuks said:
As a guy who does some metal fab work himself, I have got to ask...

How the heck do you make a profit selling those things for $45 shipped?

Stainless isn't cheap (and getting more expensive by the day), and there is a lot of cuts/bends/welds on that thing!

Nice looking product!
Jersey,
We do this as a hobby to kill the winter blues. We do make a profit but not alot. I enjoy clamming and when I tried to get a couple of rakes made from a machine shop, my jaw dropped.

My dad was a brake operator for 40 years for a steel company and my brother welds. I do the cutting and grinding and the sales.

I also bought alot of stainless when I seen the writing on the wall for metals and we have little overhead.

#18 ·
BT3100 said:
talk about overbuilt :D
I love the design, I may buy one as an "influencer"
They are built to last.
The funny thing is, I had one guy, a person whom claimed to be a barner say that he wore down the rake and wanted to get another one as well as an additional rake.

It was getting late in the season and I offered to send him the one rake free and he would pay for the new one. I even offered to cross ship them.

Well, I sent the rakes and he never sent the check! First time EVER in 10 years of online dealings that I have been stiffed.

I thought there was a mistake, so I mailed an invoice and nothing. I did this a couple more times and still no payment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.