BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the last two days down on the point with super results.

Yesterday AM trip

Got down there for the flood tide and had fish right off the bat. Ripped through almost 40 spot...and did manage to boat 21 bass to around 35". A couple on bucktails.

PM trip

In the afternoon we had some new blood aboard...they could get it done. The started off the trip with some goodies on da hook..but by the end they were all using bucktails...and managed to put 40 bass even on the deck of the STALKER to around 40". The biggest coming on a bucktail! :eek:

Today AM trip

Slid down the area we've been fishing...but didn't have much tide...took about 10 mins for our first bite...but then we put a steady pick on them...About 95% were caught on bucktails...and we put another 39 bass on the deck.

PM trip

This afternoon was perfect..No boats, no wind and alot of fish. Bucktails did it again ..and we had em coming good. managed to put 35 bass in da boat and some other misses. Fishing is gettin hot and heavy!

Thanks to everyone! Great job!

P.S. Only the legal size and amount were kept...By saying a certain hit the deck...alot or most were returned back to mother ocean! ;)

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Skip where you saw me around 3ish near adam I had a good bite going a little south of you I tried to get you on the vhf but couldnt locate you guys then you both ran in. Get me your cell.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Skippy great couple of days out there. I'm just about ready to join you guys out there in the rips. See ya next week!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yo skip thanks again for getting us on the fish. I'm still fired up about that big bass on the bucktail yesterday. That was my personal best on the bucktail. DEC.3rd can't come fast enough. See Ya then...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yo skip thanks again for getting us on the fish. I'm still fired up about that big bass on the bucktail yesterday. That was my personal best on the bucktail. DEC.3rd can't come fast enough. See Ya then...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey Skip, Thanks for the Sunday afternoon trip. It was a blast when 5 out of 6 guys hooked up at the same time! I never saw anyone put 3 bass in the net at the same time until you! Thanks for teaching me how to fish a spinning reel with an open bail. I never hooked 3 in a row until yesterday. I never saw a 40" bass on a bucktail before either. I can't wait for Dec 4th to do it all again.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey Mike,
How about you post the photo of your 40" bucktail striper?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like a great day. Bucktails sure make for a cheaper day than the forty spot used on the a.m. trip. I've always fished live bait, anybody have any advice on weight/color/pattern?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Skip's friend has pictures on his digital camera. Maybe he can post a picture of the fish. Can't remember his name but I fished with him on the tuna trip and he dropped a bomb out there.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Captain Skip can really put you on the meat!
I trained him well
:D :D
JK Great job man!!
ps is your thumb slipery ;)

·
Registered
852 Posts
oh yea, we started hooking Tuna after the bomb was released. Dam that was a fun day.
NJ Joe it was nice fishing with you on Sun. again. Keep in touch.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts