BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry we've had a long week and not time to report. So here is what has been going on out there.

4-27 AM trip

We fished the rips with Rich Kennedy and his group on the outgoing tide, the water temp was 83 degrees, (our temp gauge is still not working) We had some fish on eels, bucktails, and storm lures. They ended up with 25 bass to 26lbs.

PM trip:

We fished with Dick Spotts, Andy Wasermen, Phil Moffitt, Scott Hardsell and Bill Ryan. We boated one keeper striper on a storm lure.

4-28 AM trip:

We fished with Mike Dolcemore's group, as soon as we headed out the wind started to blow hard, we tried but had to cut the trip short because of the wind and super fast drift. They are gonna give a another try in a few weeks.

4-29 to 5-1

The wind howled NE all weekend and the STALKER stayed home.

5-2 AM and PM.

Dave Borek, Smellinfishy, Brian Story, and their group from Suilan gave it a shot but couldn't get a bite.

PM trip:

Charles Longnecker and his group tried as well, but unfortunately today was a double skunk. We could not get them to bite.

5-3 AM trip:

Cliff Johnson, his group, Dick Spotts, and Larry Baird, came up with the same results as yesterday, things have really slowed down after the blow.

PM trip:

Abe Kaplan, Bernie, and Leslie fished with us this afternoon on the outgoing tide. We didn't have a bite for the first 4 hours, we move around 4 different times and finally found them.

Leslie caught the first and then it was non- stop action for the next 2 hours. The boated 12 drum which were all on the smaller side, and kept 1 each for dinner, with the biggest weighing 28lbs. We missed alot too, and also had some followers... we also had a few sharks, a skate and a horseshoe crab. Great job guys. and gal.

5-4 AM trip:

Bob Mohalland, Costa, his son, Ed and Mike fished this morning. The wind was light, seas were calm and tide was outgoing. They boated 4 drum and missed a few others. Once again they were on the small side with the biggest around 20lbs.

We'll see what happens tonight.

[ 05-04-2006, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Stalker Charters ]

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next Case, they might be biting later this week, heard Adam had a nice one this morning.

Jon, no problem, thanks for letting me know in time...hopefully he gets better, and fishing soon!

Which reminds me, we have one spot Sunday afternoon for drum.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
glad to hear you r gettin back out, the wind really stinks and messes everything up, but whatyagonnado.

any idea what we'll be doin sat pm, or still too early to tell.....

thanks pal :D

[ 05-04-2006, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: sjb saxatilis ]

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Hats off to you Skip for posting skunks as well as slayings. I am no charter guide, but I can' think of a more pissed off man than a captian that does not put his customers on the fish.

My bet is they all have made their way up the river to baff. They will be on their way back, no where to escape. It should be getting better soon, I hope. I am there all next week.

good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.