BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AM trip
On the morning trip we had coolbreeze and the same 4 guy's from yesterdays trip. The bite started off good right at the end of the ebb tide. Boating 9 in a half hour. Waited through the slack and they turned on again! End the trip with 29 stripers to 35"...Caught all on bucktails!

PM trip
The second trip we headed out with Lockjaws group and boated another 17 bass for them...Also had a few blues to about 10lbs. Again everything caught on bucktails!

Cya tomorrow, and thanks to both groups!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey Skip, did you have much problem with the grass out there today? We ended up near each other on a rip line early on and just wondered if you were having the same problem. Tried various sized jig heads to compensate, finally I ended up moving out into the bay to chunk - great move for me. No more grass either.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just a quick thanks to Cpt. Skip for a nice afternoon out on the water. The vessel is top notch with TONS of room for 6 anglers. Skip worked his @ off and did the best he could with the crew he was dealt (I'll be honest, we suck.) As Skip said, it was a nice pick when the tide got running. Skip made all the necessary moves to keep us into fish despite our inabilities to hook those that were willing to eat. The numbers would've been better had we come through on our end of the deal. Thanks again for a nice day Skip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts