BASS BARN banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday(4/22) we had Mark Gatton and the WaWa crew out in the bay to do some clammin. We headed to where the fleet was and only had a few here and there, mostly small fish in the 20-26" range. We decided to head off to where we had them good this time lasy year and boy did it pay off! From 2-6 yesterday afternoon, we had 2 and 3 fish on at a time THE WHOLE TIME! I'm not kidding. It was crazy fishing! My right thumb has no skin left on it to prove it! We went through 2 bushels of clams. I don't have an exact count, but based on the 6 anglers and 2-3, sometimes 4 on at a time,, we estimated that we caught between 75-100 fish. All the fish were averaging 24-29 inches and we through back at least a dozen that were 33 and 33 1/2. We cancelled today's trip due to the strond south winds but we want to go out there tomorrow back to the same spot! We need at least 3 or 4 to go and we'll give it a go. There were also drum caught yesterday, but not where we were. If anyone wants to go tomorrow, the weather looks like it might cooperate and we're gonna give it a shot. Call Capt Steve(215) 512-1640 or myself(215) 485-7242 immediately and get a spot!

Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts