BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY YOU ALL, SORRY NO STRIPERS TO REPORT YET. I WOULD LOVE TO TRY FOR STRIPERS BUT IT WAS NOT WORTH THE RISK. I AM STOCKING UP THE GREEN CRABS AS THEY ARE FILLING THE TRAPS EVERY DAY. THIS WEEKEND COMING, WEATHER PERMITTING, HIGH TIDE IS AROUND NOON SO WE WILL BE HEADING OFF TO A WRECK FOR SEA BASS AND TOG! THEN WE WILL FISH THE LAST 2 TO 3 HRS. OF THE INCOMING AND THE OUT GOING FOR BASS. THIS PLAN IS NOT WRITTEN IN STONE AS THE PLAN MAY CHANGE AT ANY GIVEN TIME. THE BAIT OF CHOICE WILL BE SPOT AS I WILL PURCHASE THEM AND THE COST WILL BE THREE DOLLARS EA. WE WILL ALSO HAVE EELS SO KEEP HOPING AND PRAYING FOR SOME FISHABLE WEATHER. AS YOU MIGHT KNOW I DID NOT RAISE MY FAIRS FOR FUEL. THERE WILL BE A SUR - CHARGE AT THE END OF EA. TRIP ACCORDING TO FUEL PRICES AND USEAGE. I FEEL THIS IS ONLY FAIR FOR YOU AND I.I WANT TO KEEP THE PRICE OF FISHING DOWN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. CAP'T STEVE LONDON CALL FOR MORE INFO AS I WILL NOT BOOK ANY TRIPS ON LINE TELE. # IS -215-512-1640

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by Stevelondon:
THE BAIT OF CHOICE WILL BE SPOT AS I WILL PURCHASE THEM AND THE COST WILL BE THREE DOLLARS EA. WE WILL ALSO HAVE EELS SO KEEP HOPING AND PRAYING FOR SOME FISHABLE WEATHER. AS YOU MIGHT KNOW I DID NOT RAISE MY FAIRS FOR FUEL. THERE WILL BE A SUR - CHARGE AT THE END OF EA. TRIP ACCORDING TO FUEL PRICES AND USEAGE. I FEEL THIS IS ONLY FAIR FOR YOU AND I.
I'm confused, you didn't raise the price because of the fuel but you are charging more for each trip due to the fuel plus charging for bait?Isn't that raising prices?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm confused, you didn't raise the price because of the fuel but you are charging more for each trip due to the fuel plus charging for bait?Isn't that raising prices. hELLO ! I'M NOT SURE HOW TO TAKE YOUR RESPONCE! SOUNDS LIKE AN ATTACK TO ME.(STRIPERATTACKER) APPARANTLY YOU HAVE NEVER FISHED WITH ME AND SOUNDS LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE ANY INTENSION ON DOING SO. SO WHY CONTINUE ! BY THE WAY ,STRIPER ATTACKER IS A FICTIOUS NAME SO WHO ARE YOU? OH YEA YOUR QUESTION....I WILL ANSWER THE BEST I CAN. IF YOU CHARTER THE BOAT EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED EXCEPT SPOT. MY PRICE FOR A CHARTER IS 550.00 FOR SIX PEOPLE THAT IS ONE OF THE CHEAPER FARES YOU WILL PAY. WE FISH A MIN OF 8 HRS. SOME TRIPS EXTEND 10 AND 11 HRS. WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GET A TRIP LIKE THAT. WE ALSO TARGET MULTI SPECI'S. NO OTHER CAP'T I KNOW WANTS TO CHANGE UP UNLESS HE HAS TO. WE LOVE TO FISH ON THE STANLEY ROSE AND WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO BICKER. ON AN OPEN BOAT WE MAY ONLY GO WITH TWO OR THREE PEOPLE. I WON'T TURN ANYONE AWAY . I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO TELL YOU BUT I ALWAYS LIKE TO KNOW WHO I'M TALKING TO. STEVE LONDON!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THE BAIT! IF YOUR GOING FISHING LET SAY ON A PARTY BOAT, WHICH IS AN OPEN BOAT , DO THEY SUPPLY SPOT FOR BAIT FOR FREE!HOW ABOUT EELS? THE LAST TIME I FISHED ON A PARTY BOAT I PAID FOR EVERY EEL I USED. I ALSO FISHED SHOULDER TO SHOULDER. ..NOT... I AM DOING YOU A SERVICE BY JUST HAVING SPOT ON BOARD SO YOU CAN CATCH FISH INSTEAD OF WATCHING OTHERS CATCH ON OTHER BOATS WHO ARE USING SPOTS. YOU ALSO HAVE MORE ROOM AND OPTIONS YOU DON'T HAVE ON THE BIG BOATS. I DON'T PROFIT FROM THE BAIT , YOU GET IT FOR THE SAME PRICE I DO.IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FOR NOTHING DON'T COME WITH ME. IF YOU ENJOY CATCHING FISH AND HAVING A GOOD TIME ...DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE SMALL STUFF AND CATCH ALOT OF FISH, THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT. STEVE

·
Registered
700 Posts
Easy Capt...You have a great rep, don't let
one guy get you all riled up. Heard some
great things about your togging skills
this past tog season from several
folks!

[ 10-18-2005, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Talapia ]

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Steve don't let anyone get to you.You are trying hard to give people a good day fishing and if it costs a litle more,so be it.$3.00 for a spot is cheap.I know that the shops in you area are getting $3.75.So why is someone griping?Keep up the good work and hope you have a great striper/toggin season.

·
Registered
391 Posts
No one question his ability to fish. I asked what is the difference between charging for things and raising prices. he made it sound like the other charter boats are ripping people off but realisticlly he is doing the same thing RAISING PRICES but wording it differently. Most boats onhere charge a set price and you fget all the bait included.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
YOU WILL NOT GET ON A BOAT HERE AND NOT PAY FOR EVERY SPOT YOU USE !!!!!
THEY ARE 3.50 at the bait stores ......
who could afford to supply them on a trip ??????
GIVe THE CAPT. A BREAK & GET A CLUE

yes bait is included on charters...But i guarenty you....NOT SPOT Have a good day !

·
Registered
435 Posts
What Steve meant to say was: " Striperattacker, you make a good point. I guess one could say it's really '6 of one, half a dozen of the other', but I thought it would be a better idea to adjust the price up or DOWN, depending on what happens at the gas /diesel pumps, not simply arbitrarilly raising the price for the season. After all, have you ever noticed that once the prices are raised ,they really never drop again? As to the bait, I thought it would be a good service to provide striper 'candy' on the boat which is generally not even available on other charter/open charter boats. In fact, I would be providing it at wholesale ($3.00 v.$3.50). Unfortunately, that could easilly end up costing me upwards of $100.00 per trip. However, you're comments are appreciated and I look forward to having you/your friends join me on one of my trips in which I really have no time limit on fishing, but fish until they really stop biting- for sure- or until/or even after dark."

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by VDAWG:

yes bait is included on charters...But i guarenty you....NOT SPOT Have a good day !
i HAVE BEEN ON A FEW OF THE CHARTER BOATS ON HERE & i HAVE A CLUE THAT i WASN'T CHARGED EXTRA FOR BAIT. i GARENTY YOU i HAVE HAD SPOT, CRABS AND OTHER PRODUCTIVE BAITS & i WASN'T CHARGED. i HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR BLUE CLAWS ON THE BOAT IN THIS THREAD. i GESS IF THE BOAT IS FASTER THEY SHOULD CHARGE MORE FOR MORE FISHING TIME ALSO hAVE A GOOD DAY vDOG :rolleyes:

The Clean Sweep, Stalker, Adam Bomb, Hooked Up and a few that are not on here now have all extended trips when I have fished with them and I had no extra hidden charges. My point was a fule charge wether it be after the trip or before the trip is still an addition to the price whatever way you spice it up.

Next case thats for being civil.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Originally posted by striperattacker:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by VDAWG:

i HAVE BEEN ON A FEW OF THE CHARTER BOATS ON HERE & i HAVE A CLUE THAT i WASN'T CHARGED EXTRA FOR BAIT. i GARENTY YOU i HAVE HAD SPOT, CRABS AND OTHER PRODUCTIVE BAITS & i WASN'T CHARGED. i HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR BLUE CLAWS ON THE BOAT IN THIS THREAD. i GESS IF THE BOAT IS FASTER THEY SHOULD CHARGE MORE FOR MORE FISHING TIME ALSO hAVE A GOOD DAY vDOG :rolleyes:

The Clean Sweep, Stalker, Adam Bomb, Hooked Up and a few that are not on here now have all extended trips when I have fished with them and I had no extra hidden charges. My point was a fule charge wether it be after the trip or before the trip is still an addition to the price whatever way you spice it up.

Next case thats for being civil.
</font>[/QUOTE]Funny i know and have talked to everyone of those Capts. you mentioned ,and i seriously doubt that on a striper trip you will get handed all the spot you need for a striper trip !!!
Yes some charters may bring a few for stripers and or tuna...But not a days outtings worth !!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
SStriperattacker seems you got off on the wrong foot with Capt Steve do yourself a favor and come down and fish with us on an open boat tog and striper trip you have a blast Hang in there Steve and thanks Ron for bailing Capt out this could have gotten Ulgy LOL see you soon my Freind the Jewish Plumber

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HEY, STRIPER ATTACKER SORRY ABOUT ALL THIS CONFUSION. I HOPE NO ONES FEELINGS WERE HURT , IT WAS JUST GOOD CONVERSATION. YOUR WELCOME TO COME OUT AND FISH WITH US ANYTIME. MY CUSTOMER BASE ARE A BUNCH OF HARD *** FISHERMAN WHO LIKE A GOOD DAY OUT. LOVE TO HAVE YOU COME ALONG. CAP'T STEVE LONDON 215-512-1640

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
AHHHHHH Nutz....... Its only paper.. you want to fish, come fish.. If not the beach is FREE. EXCEPT for the BAIT..

You just KEEP TRAPPING THOSE GREENIES MUSH..... You are gonna need barrel full of them sucka's when we hit the deck........

With that price increase I hope ya saved enough for a new pair of pants...... :D

[ 10-18-2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: broken bobber ]

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Who the hell would pay $3.50 for a spot? In 24 years of tog fishing, I never even caught a 12" blackfish on a spot.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by tautog:
Who the hell would pay $3.50 for a spot? In 24 years of tog fishing, I never even caught a 12" blackfish on a spot.
:D :D Capt Steve can turn a spot into a toggie him or the gold guy will break the record within the next 2 years ;)

vDoG NO ONE MENTIONED A FULL DAY OF FREE SPOT i SAID i HAVE FISHED WITH ALOT OF THEM AND HAVE NEVER BEEN CHARGED FOR BAIT AND THEY ALL HAD WHATEVER IT TOOK TO CATCH CAUSE THATS WHAT THEY DO :rolleyes: SO HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE CHARTER BUSINESS THAT MAKE YOU THE WORLDLY CHARTER BOAT EXPERT??? i KNOW CAPT STEVE HAS SHOWN NUMEROUS PICTURES OF HIS CATCHES. BY THE WAY SPOT ARE LOADED IN THE BACK WATERS RIGHT NOW ASK ONE OF THE CHARTER BOAT CAPTAINS YOU SPOKE WITH i BET THEY HAVE PENS FULL.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
STRIPERATtacker SEE MY POST IN STRIPED BASS FORUM....

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO CAPT. Steve
sorry Captain !

[ 10-19-2005, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: VDAWG ]

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Steve, are you going Friday? We are planning on hitting the rips early.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I thought that we weren't supposed to give out spots on this forum.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts