BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the market for a 9' plugging stick and am considering the Star Stellar lite 9', the TICA UEHA 9' or the Tsunami Trophy 9'. In researching, the Star comes in 2 different 9' models: (a) 9' MH 12-30lb 1-4 15.5" Butt and (b) 9' M 10-25lb 1-4 20" Butt. What model are most people using? It sounds like DJ Coast is using the Medium action rod due to the fact that he cut length off the butt end. Has anyone used the MH model and is it a good plugging rod? The MH looks like it can handle a bit more weight.

The UEHA is similar with 2 different 9' models: one is rated 3/4oz-3oz and the other is rated 2-6oz. Quite a difference. Any input would be appreciated.

· Registered
2 Posts
Bagger, do you have the M or MH Star? Would you recommend the Airwave over the Star? One last question, what size spinning reel (Salina, Sargus) would mate to the 9' rod. I plan on purchasing a new 10' and was wondering if going up a size in reel would hurt the performance of the 9'.

Thanks for all your help. I've always used Ugly Sticks (bait), but they don't cast plugs very well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.