BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,014 Posts
Because of their customer service I will always support Star rods. Its just phenominal. I told ya Sean.

To answer SW79's question, I really would not recommend or say that the 9footer is a good pluggin rod. I used it as a light bait stick when only a 2-3oz sattelite was needed, or for bait in the backbays. I absolutely loved the rod for throwing clam and a 2 oz weight in the light CM surf. It handled a 42 incher well too. But for some reason I'm not sure why they rate their rods the way they do. For example the 9fter is rated 1-4oz's and in no way would I ever throw 3 or 4oz plugs with it, it just don't feel right. Another example is I have their 7ft Stellar Lite that I use in the backbays, and here for salmon. I love the rod, but its rated 1/8-2oz's. And in no way would I throw 1oz's with it, let along 2oz's. Its more like 1/8-7/8 at the most. Not sure why they rate em like that.

For a light bait stick I would recommend the 9 footer (paired perfectly with a Shimano BR 3500), its also i good eeling stick off the rocks. And for heavier situations the 10ft Stellar (paired perfectly with a Shimano BR 4500). All in all the 10 footer would prolly be the ideal bait rod in the surf. There were too many times I had to leave the 9 at home, or I was stuck with it when the bass were further out. I was dying one time, the whole beach was catching, cept for me. The 9 really doesn't cast well at all, my good friend Junkman saw my frustrations and lent me a longer Daiwa surf rod that casts like a slingshot, on the first cast I was into bass that day. the 9 let me down. Light tackle only with that rod, trust me.

I would stick to a Lami in the same price range for plugging. I never was comfortable plugging with my 9footer. The handle seems too long for what the rod is, so I cut 4" off it and put a Mitchell nautil on it. Its a decent backup pluggin rod for me and thats it. It will never make the primary lineup.

But like I said, you can literally run over your rod with your car. Call Star and personally tell them that. And they will say "send it on in, we'll replace it at no cost. I only had to pay for shipping one way, they shipped me back a brand new rod for free. For that they are the shiat and I will never forget it...djc.

· Registered
4,014 Posts
Well I got the confirmation e-mail that they are going to replace my Stellar Lite 9 footer for FREE and will NOT be charging me for the shipping. AGAIN WHAT A GREAT COMPANY!!!!!!!! Give this company a shot ( Star Rod's - Sea Striker, Inc ), especially if you are in the market for a rod with a Lifetime Warranty:thumbsup::thumbsup:

GSBB
Thats great bro. Its the best customer service I've ever experienced and I've heard many similar stories all over the net. They replace it no questions asked and they even ship the new rod to you for free, ya simply can't beat it.

And for those who don't know, even though they are owned by Sea Striker, its like comparing a Chevy with a Cadilac. Stars are the Cadilacs...lol...djc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.