BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for like 3/4" starboard. I need something with a nonslip surface. I need a 4x8 sheet. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would like to get it from a sponsor if anyone can get it.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
EXPENSIVE!! thats the cost!!

I need some starboard to Barcale BILL!!

So if you can get me a price on the same that would be great!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Color matters for my application, I'm going to use it to replace a deck hatch on my boat. Gray, White, Beige, Tan would all be acceptable colors.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
I hate Starboard.... You'll never find it on any boat I have anything to do with as far rebuilding. Yes, it's functional and great for covering holes, but it still looks like crap and nothing will stick to it.

The worse I saw was surveying a 26 Robalo... Older Robalos were all built with teak and lots of it and really quality teak. Yes, teak is a pain in the butt, but this boat done completely over with starboard just turned my gut.. I mean everything... my first question was you still have the old teak you took off? I would have taken the scrap teak that came off the boat for the survey.. He tossed it in the trash..

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dunk said:
I hate Starboard.... You'll never find it on any boat I have anything to do with as far rebuilding. Yes, it's functional and great for covering holes, but it still looks like crap and nothing will stick to it.

The worse I saw was surveying a 26 Robalo... Older Robalos were all built with teak and lots of it and really quality teak. Yes, teak is a pain in the butt, but this boat done completely over with starboard just turned my gut.. I mean everything... my first question was you still have the old teak you took off? I would have taken the scrap teak that came off the boat for the survey.. He tossed it in the trash..
I dont know what else to do. Where I removed the seat consoles, there is a cutout that is the width of the boat x 27". It is 1 1/2" deep. I want to do away with the seats and just put a leaning post in. I know the 1 1/2" drop will cause people to trip. I don't want to glass it in because I will put the seats back on if I trade it or sell it. So I am in a pickle:D

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
BigSexy said:
I dont know what else to do. Where I removed the seat consoles, there is a cutout that is the width of the boat x 27". It is 1 1/2" deep. I want to do away with the seats and just put a leaning post in. I know the 1 1/2" drop will cause people to trip. I don't want to glass it in because I will put the seats back on if I trade it or sell it. So I am in a pickle:D
Its the right product for what you need...Use it.
I do agree with Dunk, as Starboard claims it works like wood, thats a crock of $hit. It doesn't bit on screws, expecially stainelss, which BTW is what we use :eek:. Nothing sticks to it, except greasy hands and dirt :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
841 Posts
Why not make a removable fiberglass panel or hatch and match it with the same color gelcoat. If you need strength core it with marine ply. I'm not the biggest fan of starboard especially in structual applications,but I do like it in place of teak for trim,just not a real big teak fan.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
BigSexy said:
I'm looking for like 3/4" starboard. I need something with a nonslip surface. I need a 4x8 sheet. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would like to get it from a sponsor if anyone can get it.
THe following is our prices on King StarBoard

1/4" X 24" X 54" $33.45
1/2" X 24" X 54" $66.85
3/4" X 24" X 54" $99.95

1/4" X 54" X 96" $133.65
1/2" X 54" X 96" $265.25
3/4" X 54" X 96" $399.95

We can get it in White, Seafoam or Black.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Why not use a piece of marine plywood and cover in epoxy paint or gel coat?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm going to have a glass guy look at it and see if there is something he recomends for a removable panel like Duck said. I'll go from there.

Ed and Joe thanks for posting the prices

·
Registered
746 Posts
i just used this produuct called azek to replace the back access panel to my grady. comes in all colors. works just like wood and won't rot. you can get it at bradco supply or universal paid $160 for 4x8 3/4"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts