BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easy limit of nice cbass this past Saturday for the 20+ who fished on the new SF out of Sea Isle. Fished in 120-140 feet and had all of the cbass and blues you wanted. Most blues were 2-5 lbs. and no real choppers but boy they were relentless. When the blues were not tearing your bait up, nice sea bass were there for the taking. Keep to toss um back ratio wasn't bad maybe 2:1.

Weather was a little cold but once we started catching, hands warmed up and actually had to take a layer off. Seas built a little as the day went on but wasn't bad on the hook and ride home was not as bad as I thought it might be with the hard W wind. Was a nice ride in hanging out on the bow with a cold bev or two!

Others had lot of big porgies but some how I only had sea bass and blues. I did see a few doggies and a misc. skate caught as well. Awesome trip with great people. Hoping to get one more trip offshore with the SF on 12/4. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
good seeing you again toggy, you and your friend did well, caught more porgies on that trip than i had in about 20 years, they were nice sized and thick slab sizes. capt mike did a nice job keeping us on the fish and the two mates helped everyone out as needed, i caught one dog all day, and mess of bass and porgies and a load of blues which are going on the smoker, have a good t-giving toggy........ how's the thumb injury :-}

1 - 3 of 3 Posts