BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gona try one more time for the elusive tog and just want to make sure the SF is toggin on Sat. Weather and seas look good~!

Must have the tog-mojo this time!

Any whiteleggers in SI or close by?

TF

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 chums

i called a few time but no answer. need some whites for sat. Will put up a post and try to call later.

my cell 610.357.4112

Kevin

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stopped at 2 chums and got some "special rigs" and some crab before jumping on the Star Fish with 11 other hardy anglers. Slow day. 1 keep and 6 shorts and 2 doggies. Not many keeps caught today. Mike moved around and tried different depts but it just they just did not chew. Day was nice as it was flat and mild unitl we pulled anchor and then it kicked up big time for the ride home. Game cop was at the dock upon are arrival but seeing that everyone had empty coolers - their visit was uneventful.

Of course the bite was not on the crab seeing that I spent $$ to get some whites - all of my bites came on clam - go figure.

2 chums - thanks for the crab and the rigs. the rigs were very similar to the ones I was looking for. I think the only difference was that the leader that the hooks were tied to were tied with a heavier line. Shockingly - no lost rigs this trip so I have 2 for next time.

Fat lady has sung for me as I will pack it in for now and wait for my trip to Fort Myers in late Feb. Maybe a cod trip March but I am done with the tog.

Final score:

Tog 4 - me 1

TF

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Lucked out a bit better than you did on the Porgy IV on Sunday, but, bite was slow, weak, and pickin's slim.

http://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278925

I'm going to pack it in too, I believe until mid-March. Water is too warm for cod and too cold for tog!

I lost 4 rigs and 3 sinkers. Structure was definitely sticky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts