BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
>I wanted to update your membership on the wave of recent boat burglaries in marinas along the Delaware Bay. Troopers assigned to the Bivalve Marine Station made an arrest two weeks ago as a result of tips/leads that were contributed by your membership.

>The suspect in this case had been selling fishing gear at the U-Sell Flea Market in Vineland at a considerably low cost. He would "sell out" in a matter of minutes. Surveillance was conducted and he was located, questioned and subsequently arrested on the possession of stolen property. The Bivalve personnel recovered over 70 rods/reels and additional equipment.

>We are asking that all members of The Bass Barn continue to be aware of their surroundings and help our investigation. We know that this subject did not perform all these burglaries alone, and he invoked his Constitutional Rights; therefore, we do not know who is aiding him.
What we can say, is that YOU, The Bass Barn members should take action to protect your equipment. We have had difficulty in identifying the proper owners due to the lack of Identifiers.

>You should mark your equipment with a permanent marker or a paint pen. Identify your equipment with a mark that is unique to you. (Name, nickname, boat reg #, boat name, etc). I recommend that you do NOT engrave in the rod. I do not want to see the integrity of the equipment comprimised.

>As I mentioned before, there are still subjects in the public that are involved, and you should remain diligent in being aware of your surroundings. If you see anything suspicious or have a tip or lead, please contact the following:
NJSP Bivalve Marine Station 785-1330
or WWW.NJSP.ORG/MARITIME

Respectfully,
Tpr I Brian A McGuire #5078
[email protected]
MSI South Region

·
Registered
25,494 Posts
Great work!!! Thanks for the update. Now we have one small favor to ask:

Next time you get one of these dirtbags, can you bring him by the marina for some of the effected victims to do a little 'personal identification' on the guy before he is processed?? ;) ;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
20 Years

20 Years Hard Labor.....atta Boy Police,keep Up The Good Work......:d

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
That's Great Tpr I Brian A McGuire #5078.Thank you and all the folks who cooperated to help that happen.I personally was not at a lost,but my boat is down there so thanks for keeping it safe.And I think everyone whose down there thanks you all.Thanks for the info on the U-Sell it at Vineland back,in May I was down there and a guy was selling rods and reels cheap,but I sorry to say that it never occured to me that they may have been stolen.I glad I didnt buy anything from them,I remember an Abu Garcia reel he had for $35 sells in the stores for $60.I should have known.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Nice work gentlemen. We gotta' remember the police need our eyes on the job too, and not just at the scene of the crime. If we see something at a flea market, e-bay etc that looks like a "steal", well, it probably is.

·
Banned
181 Posts
Boat Burglaries

Nice Work by the Police, But they need our help also, The other day me & a friend stopped to see a friends new Boat docked in port norris & on the way back to the truck we noticed a open boat with about 6 rods & all his elect. just laying in the open . Now if thats not ASKING FOR TROUBLE . I don't understand how some people think. Capt. Ahab:confused:

·
Registered
312 Posts
What's involved in making a "citizen's arrest"? Can one "defend" his/her boat by knocking somebody's lights out? Can physical force be used to subdue someone (i.e., citizen's arrest) while waiting for the police to arrive?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Awsome job. You guys earn every cent they pay you and then some!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Boat docked in port norris & on the way back to the truck we noticed a open boat with about 6 rods & all his elect. just laying in the open . Now if thats not ASKING FOR TROUBLE . I don't understand how some people think. Capt. Ahab:confused:

dude not a good awnser, we shouldn't have to worry about locking any thing up or putting personal id# on OUR belongings.

cut off one of this scum bags hands,that seems to put a stop to steeling real fast, perfurblity the one he wips his *** with!

freedom ots.

·
Banned
181 Posts
dude ,thats no answer

freedom, I know what your saying & your right, we should not have to lock up everthing. But thats the way it is today . nobody has any respect for anybody elses propity & people will SHOT you for a pair of snickers. What is it going to be like in another 30 years??? I'm 68 yr old and I remember not locking your back door when you want out Ahab

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
great job keep up the good work.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Freedom,I saw that on monday also.Won`t say wich dock,but I thought the same thing.Guys go down there at night and fish off the dock`s for perch and cats.Why leave it there on the deck?I cold have picked them up and left no problem.Even with the cops right there.Who knows.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good job by the NJ SP and Tpr I Brian A McGuire #5078. This dude did alot of shopping, wonder how much he sold before being caught? I remember leaving the car window down to run into a store, now you'd be lucky your car was there when you came out.:rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts