BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I'm looking at a 2005 23' Steiger Craft Miami with a 225 Honda 4 stroke with 125 hours...any opinions?
I had an 07 - nice boat with a 17 degree deadrise. I like the 20 degree deadrise better (less pounding).
Either way Steiger is a great boat with a transferable lifetime hull warranty. The only wood used is in the transom & its all hand-laid fiberglass. They don't use a chop gun!
Lots of Luck
George

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
I had an 07 - nice boat with a 17 degree deadrise. I like the 20 degree deadrise better (less pounding).
Either way Steiger is a great boat with a transferable lifetime hull warranty. The only wood used is in the transom & its all hand-laid fiberglass. They don't use a chop gun!
Lots of Luck
George
Was that the boat you took for a shakedown cruise down the parkway?:D:eek:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I love my 2006 21 ft. deep vee Miami.

Shes is alot of boat for a 21 ft.

4700 lbs. with 124 gal. of gas. She can handle some tough seas. and the deck is like 5/8 or 7/8 thick I forget witch.

Good luck with what ever you do. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the feedback...the 1 i am looking at is a 23'. I have seen the 25 in the barn sale....but, I'm looking to keep it closer to $25,000.
I already have 2 other boats...lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2010 Steigercraft 23' Miami with a Suzuki 225, docked in Cape May. So far so good after 2 seasons and 200 hours, both in the bay and off shore. Let me know if you want any more detailed information.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks Chuck,
How does the 225 work out? Boat is pretty heavy and I was wondering how it was out of the hole and to get up on plane. How well does it drift? And with the cut out transom (not sure in yours is cut or closed), have you had any issue with being swamped? I appreciate the feedback.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Thanks Chuck,
How does the 225 work out? Boat is pretty heavy and I was wondering how it was out of the hole and to get up on plane. How well does it drift? And with the cut out transom (not sure in yours is cut or closed), have you had any issue with being swamped? I appreciate the feedback.:thumbsup:
Maybe I can help,

My 21 ft. Miami is from the same mold as the 23 ft. just 2 ft. cut off the end.

I have the 225 Zuk and it is quick out of the hole and I can get close to 45 mph.

As far as getting swamped, the 225 Zuk that Steiger uses is a 30 inch Shaft, So the transom is not cut as low as other boats that size.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Paul,
I was thinking the same thing. My 21 Hydra sport is cut a lot lower than the Steiger Craft. The boat I am looking at has a Honda, I assume it's the same deal.
Gary:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with Paul's comments (Hi Paul) although with the heavier boat I'm not getting 45 MPH, maybe 42 with the right conditions at 5200 to 5500 RPMs. Mine has the 30" shaft with the higher cut out and I've never been close to being swamped. In my opnion, the 225 is the right power for the boat. The Steigercraft brochure shows the weight of the 23' Miami at 5,000 pounds and a deadrise of 19 degrees. Paul's has a 21 degree deadrise. With a full tank of 124 gallons of gasoline, add about 750 pounds. I'm averaging about 4 GPH, by the way. It gets right up on plane. Except for flat water in the back bay and the canal, I don't (can't) run wide open. Its too hard on the teeth. About 17 to 19 MPH at about 3000 RPMs is comfortable in sloppy seas. It does seem to drift faster than center consuls in a stiff wind, probably the pilot house acts like a parachute. My only complaint is no cup holders but love the pilot house in the wind and rain. If I can answer any other questions give me a call anytime at 610-299-7600.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts