BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night someone took a pair of brand new 2008 Evinrude ETEC's off a new boat in South Jersey. These are the 2.6 liter 200 hp. Not the HO's. They are 25" shafts and one is counter rotation. If you know anyone that just shows up with a nice new pair of ETEC's on there boat or if your a marine dealer and someone ask about rigging parts for ETEC's please let me know so I can pass the info along. Feel free to email me. [email protected]

·
Registered
225 Posts
Serial Numbers to motors

Joe,

Thanks for posting this for me. Motors were stolen between 4:00AM and 5:30AM today, Saturday April 12. The guys even had the coconuts to walk right in front the of video cameras.

Serial numbers for the motors are:

If anyone hears or sees anything please let us know.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Post a discription of the scumbag or was he wearing a mask?I allmost wish they would have fallen on him execpt the law would have said it was your fault.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Island Marine said:
Joe,

Thanks for posting this for me. Motors were stolen between 4:00AM and 5:30AM today, Saturday April 12. The guys even had the coconuts to walk right in front the of video cameras.

Thanks,
If they are on video the police will get them

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Island Marine said:
Joe,

Thanks,
Rick, no problem. Scumbags like this really suck. I have posted this on evey online message that we are a part of. Hopefull we will find out something. One question what are you doing with a hull truth account. You talk about a web site that is in the gutter. I guess the same reason I visit there often.

·
Registered
12,796 Posts
That stinks IMC-what are we in Fla now with all the stolen boats and such

Hope they get caught

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
that stinks - nothing worse than a thief . how do these guys do this ? I mean island marine is gated . off with there hands and" lower units"

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I would think it would be hard to sell or even use these engines. You have to connect to a computer to do just about any service and that reads the serial numbers. Hopefully these guys get caught trying to get service done. The scarey part is it is right around the corner from me. Gone to have to leave the dog outside at night I guess.

·
Registered
508 Posts
post the picture of the sureveillance image of the guys. They will probably try to sell them for cheap. I'll keep an eye on ebay and craigslist

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
We'll definitely keep an eye out here and pass the word to the other websites we frequent. Also, if you do get a clean pic from the video feel free to email them to us and we'll keep it posted in the shop in case anyone recognizes them.

Mary @ Off the Hook

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the support

To answer everyone's questions:

Our security company is trying to clean up the video for the State Police. Although the thiefs walked in front of the camera they were smart enough not to look up at it and wore a baseball cap. If we are able to get any facial image I will definitely post it.

Yes our yard is fenced and locked every night. We also have 7 cameras that record 24hrs a day, but you know the old saying "Locks & fences only keep the honest people out." I may take sjef advice and turn a few dogs loose.

It will be hard to sell the enignes. Evinrude now posts the serial numbers of stolen enignes in their database. If the engines show up at any dealer in the US or Canada for service or warranty they will be flagged as stolen.

Joe - Yes, I have a hull truth account. I scan it once a week or so. As you can see by my measly 6 posts there is not much to say on the site.

As I get any additional information, I will keep you updated.

Thank you

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Unblievable, the balls p's have today. I hope they catch the scumbags. Time to get a couple Rottweiler's or Shepheard's.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
sjef said:
I would think it would be hard to sell or even use these engines. You have to connect to a computer to do just about any service and that reads the serial numbers. Hopefully these guys get caught trying to get service done. The scarey part is it is right around the corner from me. Gone to have to leave the dog outside at night I guess.
The computer chips can be altered or replaced or the whole computer can be replaced if it came down to it. they do that with cars too.

these motors really don't need that much servicing at all

they are probably either in another state or on their way out of the country by now.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HookinUp said:
The computer chips can be altered or replaced or the whole computer can be replaced if it came down to it. they do that with cars too.

these motors really don't need that much servicing at all

they are probably either in another state or on their way out of the country by now.
That is the great thing with the Evinrude ETEC. You cannot alter or replace the emm. This can only be done by BRP and BRP only. Yes the dealer can change programs in it but the bulk of the information is there forever. You cannot just install a new emm.

·
Banned
392 Posts
Its probably already in pieces on Ebay

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
joe I wouldn't believe that

I've seen computer geeks do things with cable boxes, ford ecms that your not supposed to be able to change, copy/write to.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts