BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in late October six offshore fishing rods were stolen out of a boat in the Middle Twp area. The subject who stole the poles lived in the Lower Twp area and sold them to someone else in Lower Twp. The subject who bought the rods stated that he got scared when he knew the police were looking for the poles and got rid of the poles by throwing them off a bridge into the water. This is possible but pretty hard to believe. What were looking for is any info that would help in the safe return or help locating the poles. Missing are:
(2)Penn International 50 on custom white roller guide rods
(1)Penn International 30 on custom white roller guide rod
(2)TLD 50 on Star Rods
(1)TLD)30 on Penn Rod

·
Registered
411 Posts
I hope you get the 3 made in U S A Internatonals back.
thats BS , f%^king punk kids or kid; definitely local , did you happen to right down the serial # in case they show up from a 3rd or forth party the fact the buyer knows their stolen may cause it to change hands a few times if not i definitely know how it feels

we need the same policy that hatteras NC has they catch someone stealing , that person goes on a one way trip to the gulf stream

good luck if you have pics , i may be able to help i have a lot of friends who fish

·
Registered
993 Posts
I dont have much but I'd be willing to give the person who lost the rods a standup blank that I have. If it helps let me know.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
the cabin of my boat was broken into in OC MD lately as well. only rods were taken. 1500$ worth.... but, progressive insurance cut me a check and now im shopping for replacements. they were great to deal with.

i hate a thief.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
lower then snail **** -doubt the rods were tossed in the water proalbly stashed somewhere for awhile

·
Registered
896 Posts
Back in late October six offshore fishing rods were stolen out of a boat in the Middle Twp area. The subject who stole the poles lived in the Lower Twp area and sold them to someone else in Lower Twp. The subject who bought the rods stated that he got scared when he knew the police were looking for the poles and got rid of the poles by throwing them off a bridge into the water. This is possible but pretty hard to believe. What were looking for is any info that would help in the safe return or help locating the poles. Missing are:
(2)Penn International 50 on custom white roller guide rods
(1)Penn International 30 on custom white roller guide rod
(2)TLD 50 on Star Rods
(1)TLD)30 on Penn Rod
So they know who stole them? If so why is that person not paying for new rods? I think if you get caught you shoud pay for what you stole not what they are worth used but new if you dont have the money I am sure someone could use them to work off the money. I myself have some work I could use done.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. The POS that stole the rods was in jail and I agree that the other guy was just as big of POS. He's trying to say he didn't know the rods were stolen when he bought them. I don't know about you guys but he paid $375 for everything and with that being said anyone who fishes like the guy that bought them would know something wasn't right. I'm just hoping that may be the other guy is still holding on to them and attempts to sell them at some point to the wrong guy and gets turned in. Thanks for the offer on the pole but we have a enought stuff to fish with this was just some of the better stuff.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i am with no intension meaning to be a d**k and personally my heart is in my stomache just thinking about the loss of even just one of those set ups and i would not dare to touch anybodys rods EVER but maybe pl need to stop leaving there stuff on the boat. like face it its totally wrong and we as fisherman should be able to leave whatever we want on our boats but due to how the world is today and how often you hear of tragedies like this but still pl leave things on there boat. personally i leave nothing. no tackle i leave the net gaff ruler life jackets anchor and sinkers on the boat thats it all locked up in the cabin not to say they cant just brake in but atleast my priceless tackle or rods wont be swiped. again i really do not mean to be rude or inconsiderate only speaking what i feel is the truth and unless the boat is in your back yard i would be taking everything off. personally even if the boat was in my back yard i would still be taking everything off maybe leave some inshore rigs or cheaper rods on the boat but whos to say someone cant just pull up on it and jack them off. anyway i hope what i said does not offend anyone i just simply trying to come up with a simple solution to what can be a very expensive lesson to learn. as for the guy who lost the tackle i really do hope things come around and hopefully the theif willtry to sell it back to a friend of the owner so this way they can set up a good ol' a** beaten. cause thats exactly what he deserves.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
i am with no intension meaning to be a d**k and personally my heart is in my stomache just thinking about the loss of even just one of those set ups and i would not dare to touch anybodys rods EVER but maybe pl need to stop leaving there stuff on the boat. like face it its totally wrong and we as fisherman should be able to leave whatever we want on our boats but due to how the world is today and how often you hear of tragedies like this but still pl leave things on there boat. personally i leave nothing. no tackle i leave the net gaff ruler life jackets anchor and sinkers on the boat thats it all locked up in the cabin not to say they cant just brake in but atleast my priceless tackle or rods wont be swiped. again i really do not mean to be rude or inconsiderate only speaking what i feel is the truth and unless the boat is in your back yard i would be taking everything off. personally even if the boat was in my back yard i would still be taking everything off maybe leave some inshore rigs or cheaper rods on the boat but whos to say someone cant just pull up on it and jack them off. anyway i hope what i said does not offend anyone i just simply trying to come up with a simple solution to what can be a very expensive lesson to learn. as for the guy who lost the tackle i really do hope things come around and hopefully the theif willtry to sell it back to a friend of the owner so this way they can set up a good ol' a** beaten. cause thats exactly what he deserves.

The boat was in the yard

·
Registered
206 Posts
My sympathies on your boat being broken into. I had the same experience in Oct. '10. They stole 2- 80 international 2 speeds on unlimited bent butt rods that were given to me by my dad. The rigs were mint and had pummeled a lot of nice fish over the years.
Here in CT there have been a lot of boats being broken into in the last 2 years up and down the coast. Fishing gear and electronics were the items they were hitting. They arrested 2 guys that worked together for a marine electronics outfitter in late Nov. last year. Seems as though they were casing the boats they had been working on and come back a few weeks later and break in. They've since arrested a different a-hole and he had 2 -10'x25' storage units floor to ceiling with stolen gear.
Whoever hit me knew what he was looking for. He also had exposure to offshore fishing gear because he broke down the bent butts and left one butt behind. On the bright side, he could've hit me worse because he couldve taken 9 more set ups. I recieved a prorated check for the rigs and wound up upgrading what I had by shopping the web.
My experience was even with the serial #'s (I was told by the local cops and a detective who is an aquantiance of mine) the odds are slim that you'll recover the stolen items.
I've since installed a cheap nanny cam that I bought at CVS. I have it facing aft over the companionway. Ive installed it so I can remove it when I'm fishing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
One of the posters asked if you had any pictures to post. If you do at least you will know that the people at the Bass Barn will be on the look out for them. I'm sure if their like me they also look on E-Bay for deals.. If you have pictures post them. Good luck. When he get's out of jail we could be there to meet him. And do it the old fashion way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts