BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know a lot about the area, but we've been spending some time in Stone Harbor. I stopped at what looks like the municipal marina around 81st street. (That is Stone Harbor, not Avalon, right?)

Can anyone give me some background on the marina/ramp operations, fishing from the bulkhead, ramp conditions. Any tips appreciated.

I was thinking of throwing a few bucktails off the bulkhead now and then until we get back in the water, probably next season when we'll have a smaller boat that we'll trailer for a season.

How about boat rentals in the area?

thanks,

S.B

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
You can rent a boat at Smugglers Cove on 83rd st. across the entrance to the basin to the south of the parking lot. Good Luck. They can tell you anything you want to know about the ramp.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
The boat ramp is $7.00 round trip it has been all redone over the past 2 years . If you put in late pm or early am you can beat the ramp fee. Smugglers cove rents boats and has bait and tackle gas e6tc. Rosemans Marine on the corner of 82nd and third also sells bait tackle and whatever you need for your boat. There is also a pier at the end of 83rd st. for fishing and crabbing not quite as long as the municiple marinas bulkhead but sticks out alittle further int o the bay.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I can 2nd everything that "Keeper Seeker" & "Outta Bounds" have told you, I have been using that ramp for 30 years now.....best of luck, and enjoy it....

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, for the info.

We'll be in the area tomorrow (7/22). Called Smuggler's. They only rent 13 ft. boats for the whole day. I was thinking about a 17 ft Carolina Skiff or the like for 1/2 day. I saw a marina online called Mocean's around Rio Grande that rents skiffs.

Any feedback or opinions appreciated.

thanks,

S.B

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
Weather's not very good today but you could try the old Grassy Sounds Marina under the North WW bridge. They also rent boats. Don't know what size their boats are.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Outta Bounds said:
The boat ramp is $7.00 round trip it has been all redone over the past 2 years . If you put in late pm or early am you can beat the ramp fee. bay.
Wouldn't that be stealing:( Seriously, that's low, it's been redone and your gonna get over on them for 7 bucks, you gotta be kiddin me!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Thanks all, for the info.

We'll be in the area tomorrow (7/22). Called Smuggler's. They only rent 13 ft. boats for the whole day. I was thinking about a 17 ft Carolina Skiff or the like for 1/2 day. I saw a marina online called Mocean's around Rio Grande that rents skiffs.

Any feedback or opinions appreciated.

Mocean is the marina that nobones bait and tackle is at .just give them a call at 609-522-3017 just ask for Fred aka F.U or chunking on the barn.if it's on a weekend you'll probably run into a couple barners while your there .

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AF-Thanks for the offer.

My wife and I just got back from Stone Harbor. We were at the Municipal Marina 3X today but in between we stopped at No Bones and talked to Fred about the Carolina Skiffs. We'll probably take one out next week for 1/2 day. We also stopped at Pier47 to get a price on the 178 DLX. The rest of the time we spent running up and down Ocean Drive from Wildwood to Ocean City at 34th st.

Tried to catch the sunset at Stone Harbor, but the front moved in with some lightning so we headed home around 8:00 PM.

After that initial rain this AM, it turned out to be a decent day, weather wise.

Thanks for all the input.

S.B

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
OffTheHook said:
Wouldn't that be stealing:( Seriously, that's low, it's been redone and your gonna get over on them for 7 bucks, you gotta be kiddin me!
I talked to the guys at the ramp, and the town only collects fee if manned.
You are allowed to use it without paying if unmanned. BTW: Avalon runs theirs the same way. Both towns choose not to use an honor system, at this time.

Russ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts