BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The flat surface next to the compass on my center cnsole is a wasted space without some kind of storage bin to hold things like binoculars, lures, Pringles, and anything else we need to keep handy while underway. The problem is that it ends up everywhere without an open storage container of some kind.

I've tried heavy duty velcro to hold a plastic container, but this failed after a while. What other storage ideas are there for the top of a center console if I don't want to drill holes into the console itself?

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Any room for bungee cords to play a role?

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
I use a 3m product heavy plastic velcro-like used for the red tags on licenses plate (NJ) for the under age 18 drivers.

Holds up for a few years

·
Registered
11,601 Posts
I have used the non-slip rubber type matting that comes in a roll at Walmart. Get the heavy duty stick type. I use it under all my coolers and they never move. I also use a piece under my camera that I often lay on the dash of my center console. Never slips. Just a thought.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Careful with metallic objects too close to the compass......things that become magnetized over time can influence it and do goofy things, knives, lures etc.
cell phones do a number on it as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts