BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried many different approaches, but I can not prevent the Berkely Gulp Juice from leaking. Seems that the oil is rather thin.

I combined all bagged gulps in the berkely tub - it leaked.

I tried gasketted Plano boxes, they leaked.

I tried some of my wife's kitchen plastics, they leaked and I got hell.

Has anyone figured a good - leak proof - storage method?

Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I order shipping supplies from U-Line for work and they have many different size zip-loc style bags in different thicknesses sizes, etc. I use them and never had a problem. I use the 7" x 5", 2 mil (S-6932) for the standard size Gulp packages. The gulp bag will fit inside, usually once I open one I just dump it into the u-line bag and discard the Gulp bag. You must order them by the thousand though. In the long run though they are a lot cheaper than Zip-Loc brand. Also handy for leaders and other larger rigs.

·
Registered
168 Posts
PortlyRedhead said:
Have you tried vacuum sealing them?
I did that to store some that I use for fluke and they fared much better than the zip locks of the year before. Wouldn't be too practical on a regular basis though as you would have to put a paper towel up front to keep the oil from being sucked into the vacuum unit. You then loose what keeps them good for while. If you have the Gulp alive, just spray paint the outside of a mayo jar (keep the light off as it does help deteriorate the Gulp) pour it in, and screw it on. Shouldn't leak at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts