BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tieing a bunch of leaders (yeah, I'm behind) and I need something to keep them in. The guy I usually fish with always had small envelopes or zip lock plastic bags about 3 inch square he individually stored them in. Perfect for the job, but not what you see in supermarkets. What do you use and where do you get them?

·
Registered
20,307 Posts
Go to staples and pick up a box of the packing slip envelopes. they are clear plastic on one side, with paper backing. you can write on the back what the leader is (length,use etc) and the self sealing lip is great. Great out on the boat when you are bouncing around looking for a new leader or rig. Much better and cheaper than zip locks bags. I had a friend who works at a mfg firm get me a couple of hundred and they do the trick.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Michaels craft store sells little plastic zip lock bags they are 100 to a pack for about 3 of 4 bucks. They work great.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Music CD storage case works great. Individual pouches to put your leaders in and they are together, not spread all over the boat.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
i buy the holder for the 6 rolls of leader or flourocarbon and make sure it is always with me and boxes of hooks velcroed to the top and i just make them as i go.. do not like to pre make alot of rigs for specific stuff so that i am always using something fresh with no coil!!

Leader coils!!

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
He is out of the state right now working on an oil rig.. i have not seen him in over 4 yrs. lol

whenever you want to let me know! little captains inn or something for a few cocktails...

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
I am going to be around all this weekend if you got time we can shoot the **** and have a little drink!

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
yeah im in toms river..

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
must be nice!! dont lose to much money lol

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
YEAH NO DOUBT! Just got an invite to the Mid atlantic and WMO!!

Now i am stoked baby!! YEAH!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good question! I have yet to find a way of storing them that I am happy with. I have not yet tried individually storing them. Seams like a pain, but probably worth it. Looks like there have been some good suggestions here.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
If you are going to premake rigs you should always store them individually...

If not the hook tips and stuff can nick and scratch the leader...

I also do not recommend storing them unless completely necessary.. i find tying a few on the way out or something it much more efficient and like is aid leaders do hold form and coil so put them in big bags..

I get the sandwich ziplock style from Bjs or costco and buy in bulk and only put on rig in every bag!

That is the best way to do it i believe!

Also do not expose to moisture!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts