BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
I do not call that area home but have fished it, I like fishing the north end by the inlet, there are a lot of good areas to fish there, beach, bridges and inlets you will do fine

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I fish there quite often. Go south past the campground and fish the beaches south of the one with the metal gate. good fishing down that way. Sthrathmere has lifeguards and you can't fish when they are on duty.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Only fished there once 2 yrs ago, early june and me and my large friend came up with these 2 specimans while everyone else was trying for kingies

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hope thats not spot burning:p:razz:
Beaches are a tough call - IBSP is huge, but when you break it down into, say areas the size of Strathmere's beach, people may start to consider it burning. I think once you throw in the beach front, the inlet, the bridges, etc there is a lot of area to fish up there.

BTW, nothing like catching bass while catching a tan.

RyanF

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Beaches are a tough call - IBSP is huge, but when you break it down into, say areas the size of Strathmere's beach, people may start to consider it burning. I think once you throw in the beach front, the inlet, the bridges, etc there is a lot of area to fish up there.

BTW, nothing like catching bass while catching a tan.

RyanF
And checking out the bikinis!! Early June rocks!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
It will be a whole new ball game in that area this year with the beach replenishment, inlet deepened, and then all the Nor'easters. I don't think it's possible to predict, but don't forget to factor in the beach dredging up in OC. The beaches up there used to be among the slowest slooping around - I'll be interested to see what it looks like in a few weeks.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Pretty steady group of people that kingfish all summer. Decent striper fishing . Rocks will give up blackfish . Whale Creek marina is a great spot for up to date info . We are there most weekends , nice group , stop and say hi . Post when you are heading down and I should be able point you in right direction .

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Watch the doggies there sometimes... during the spawn smooth dogs invade the waters there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.