the Bonus Program that pays for the
Administration of the Program and
If Guaranteed By Law That The
Money Will Go Into The Program ???

[ 05-28-2004, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
How long has the Bonus program been in effect??? and just now they considering a bonus program fee???, right after we revolted against the SWFL and at a time when NJ is in dire financial straits? This does 2 things it will not go to "Administration of the Program" but into the general funds and it will cut down on those participating in the bonus leaving our allotment go to the commercial fishery.
This is f'd up! :mad:
I'm SURPRISED to see the current results of this poll! I hope they change as more people vote!

[ 05-27-2004, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: bassvamp ]

·
Registered
31,397 Posts
The program does cost the state alot of money to run. I have no problem with it if it's used to collect good data. It'll also free up some money to be used in other areas. Plus it's optional, you don't have to pay it just to fish.

My understanding is that the money goes right into the program.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Bob,
I don't give a Rat's A$$ about the cost associated with adminstering this program. I give that state a small fortune, in Gas Taxes, Sales Taxes, and Taxes you don't know about. My recreational dollars help many people in a local NJ community, so do yours. Its not the $8 its the point of the matter. I honestly don't see how it will help the Fish that swim in our water's. I would guess that soemthing like this would eventually be the cause of us losing the quota now alloted for Trophy Stripers.

To general readers, Don't be a Dope, and push a Yes button on this poll. What you are in fact doing, is empowering a untrustworthy system to represent you, and pay for it at the same time.
Screw them and their fee's, let them do their jobs, they are already being paid handsomely by this user group, to perform this service.

Joe Sullivan

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bottom line...

I'd give $100 dollars a year to fish NJ as long as the money went where it belongs...

Heck, I pay more than that for the privilage to hunt in PA...

...and proudly do it every year...
:D

Muddy

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by Bob ECT:
The program does cost the state alot of money to run. I have no problem with it if it's used to collect good data. It'll also free up some money to be used in other areas. Plus it's optional, you don't have to pay it just to fish.

My understanding is that the money goes right into the program.
Hey Bob, you really believe that????......SAD!

·
Registered
102 Posts
If it costs more than $2.00 per application to process, then they are setting new heights for government inefficiency.

·
Registered
31,397 Posts
If you don't like it, don't pay it. It's not like we need that 3rd fish anyway. It's not anything mandatory.

The money would cover mailings, printing, maintaining the database, and reviewing and collecting data from those who turn in log books.

The choice will be discontinue the program due to budget cuts or pay for it. Your choice.

Personally, other then data collection, I've never liked the bonus program. I'd rather see the comm qouta swim free. That was the intention behind banning comm fishing for them wasn't it?

·
Registered
548 Posts
i'm with captn joe, every time they can't balance a budget mcreivy raises the price of gas and or smokes. take the tax money from the gas docks and alot it towards the program but no more money from me. :mad: all the money i spend from april to january on resterants, bait, hotels, gas,repairs on the boat, slip fees, give me a brake :mad:

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Originally posted by Captn Joe:
Bob,
I give that state a small fortune, and Taxes you don't know about.
Joe Sullivan
Don't listen to the PA guys, they pay taxes into jersey we don't even know about.
shhhh, keep it this way. L

BobECT,
I agree 100% to your statement

The choice will be discontinue the program due to budget cuts or pay for it. Your choice.

I pay for everything else I do AS A BONUS, turkey, extended hunting, types of hunting, trout, keeps things under control instead of being abused.

OOOOOOOh, how bout a lottery drawing + PAY. This should come next.... maybe you'll get one, maybe you won't, but pay me anyway. Go get a turkey permit and see for yourself. could you imagine cape may being zoned and only handing out X # of bonus tags..... Enjoy the pain a marjority of us get served for the things we enjoy or try to enjoy.

What BobECT said will come to pass.

SCREAM LOUDER, that might help stop the inevitable.

But vote how you wish, free world, ooops, did I say that :D

[ 05-27-2004, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: design ]

·
Registered
3 Posts
No fee=No bonus program?
I'll take the fee. I'll pay 8 bucks for a season-long ability to take 3 fish per a day as long as the money is guaranteed to go to stripers.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
When it comes to fishing and fee's once they start they never stop, and the reg's just get worse! I'm getting ready to put on my eye patch if this keeps up. One big NO from me!What are they doing with the money the state collects now? Where are the state launch ramps for the trailer guys near CM? This is how it started with these jokers, Remember the time before tuna permits for rec's boaters? Then they added sharks. Now look what they done, those fee's were pissed away just like these will be. Tell them to lose the fuel tax, then I give them one more dime. :mad:

[ 05-27-2004, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: CYCLOPS30 ]

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Originally posted by wahoos:
Then don't participate in the program! It's voluntary!
This is this states com. quota divided amongest the rec. anglers. Since I am in the latter, I'll take my share. I don't need another fee :( . Have a nice day! :cool:

[ 05-27-2004, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: CYCLOPS30 ]

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I'll pay the $8 happily if it goes to research and other fishery related programs. We need to start adding a little more input on our results to stop all the guess work currently taking place by our fishery managers.
We have the commercial quota of fish, I'll do anything I can to make that last! Striped Bass are the only fish still regulated with the recreational fisherman's interest above the commercials.
They can roll and smoke my $8 as long as we are still keeping the numbers on our side.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
$8 dollars is no big deal ,, especially since you don't have to participate,, you can catch 2 stripers a day ,, don't forget possession limit,, :D ,, and never need that third fish ,, its just an option , those who want it oughta have the choice to pay for it,, no one else need worry,, just hope money goes to right place

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Pay it or lose the third fish equals voluntary???

Pay me $100 a week, and nothing will happen to your store....ahem, voluntarily, of course.

$8 this time, $15 next, $25 next, all voluntarily or lose the fish. This is for accurate science? I've got news...science begets the need for additional science....it assumes a life of its own.

I never voluntarily applied for the bonus tag to begin with. I had to do it, if I wanted to take advantage of a good day, once in a blue %&^$ing moon. And before you think I am a hard-*ss, let me inform that I voted (via a club I belonged to) for the 34 inch minimum back around 1991 ...remember that one, to help replenish the stock? Well, I did my part....no keeper striper that year. :mad:

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
i'll say no fee at this time.better management ? where's there weakfish ? who's manageing that stock ? and if you ask what 's happening the state awnsers back well we just don't know..and or can't say officaly..nope i'm not buying into it any more!

get rid of the highway tax on marine fuel,than will talk..

alot a larger qutoa on weakfish for comm by catch and cut the rec's. after we asked em not too..sure i'll dump more money into thier hands..

don't bite the hand THAT FEEDS YA..

freedom ots.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts