BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you look for other than a fleet of boats when checking out spots for stripers, my spot consinst of hopefully bait,a drop off, ledge,edge,lump,bump,pimple,trench sometime nothing more then 2-3'difference than sorounding bottom.structure slower parts 0f the tide and bait and also some nice marks/fish holding .thats what a good spot consists of,pull out a chart look at it real good and go check out some spots there are many around.then if ya want to take it a couple steps more,check on tides,water temps,water clarity,good luck catch um up,Vinny

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey,Joe just as described,their sweet.Thanks for those nice hand made teasers you do a nice job. and the diagram,I will sure add that one technique,we spoke of that i never tried to my bag of tricks ;) hope you liked the Penns,and have good luck with them!!!!You Da Man,Vinny

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Vinny seems as though you have just about everything covered bro but don't over look those mid current bass, they have been some of my biggest ;)

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got it Roddaddy,notice i said fish holding,never stressed on the bottom,I hear ya loud and clear Cuzzy :D ;)P.S you dont know how bad i wanna see that vidio of yours no DSL except on the wifes face ;) :D

[ 02-29-2004, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: VDAWG ]

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Originally posted by VDAWG:
what do you look for other than a fleet of boats when checking out spots for stripers, my spot consinst of hopefully bait,a drop off, ledge,edge,lump,bump,pimple,trench sometime nothing more then 2-3'difference than sorounding bottom.structure slower parts 0f the tide and bait and also some nice marks/fish holding .
Hey Vinny Thats why I read the Barn.....
;) See ya at lunch time . I'll give you a call at home, to see if you left ahead of me.. talk to you then... Oh by the way I'll bring my Penn ss series reels.... :rolleyes:
I'm a prick aren't I?? LOL

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by VDAWG:
You got it Roddaddy,notice i said fish holding,never stressed on the bottom,I hear ya loud and clear Cuzzy :D ;)P.S you dont know how bad i wanna see that vidio of yours no DSL except on the wifes face ;) :D [/QUOTE

VINNY--IS WE TALKING PRACTICE,PRACTICE OR spots WE TALKING spots.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I look for rips, cuts, troughs and if that dont work I look for hot chicks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like it when pop tells me he's lookin at a christmas tree on the scope :eek: .Get ready to drop the hook ;) :D ,Except for the first time i anchored up with pop,I'll never forget it.We were in 12 ft. of water he was marking real good.He said remember Vinny 3X the depth im lookin at 12 ft..OK POP no problem :rolleyes: .I started lettin out the anchor line till i said woops :eek: Pop said Vinny what ya mean woops,Dont tell me :mad: ,yep i let out all 100 ft. of rope and 10 ft. of chain till the last bit slid through my hands :confused:
It was a quiet ride back in.But we still fished that day,Pop docked the boat drove over to west marine,and came back with an anchor kit,This time what 200 Ft. of rope,looked at me and said you owe me big time,lets learn from this one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts