BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In spite of all the seriousness with the striper issues going on right now, it is also time to think of fishing again for them so I'm putting out some postive stuff to get us all going again...

The earliest signs are in place that the mullet are on the way - the creeks and back bay shallows are just loaded with them. I've spent the last five years vacationing in Strathmere in early September and in every one of those years, after the first NE blow and/or following the first strong cold front that blows NW, we had pods of mullet on the beach the next day and bass on them - the very first of them.

It looks like Tuesday and Wednesday of next week are days to watch for the very first action in the surf - I'll be watching closely and hitting the beach proceeding every NE and into the night on the NW days so I hope to see some of you out there also - lets get some fishing in whle we can...

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Thanks Bill,,,

Very Good Advise,,,,

I will be watching also.............

Road Trip To Holgate Today...................

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Bill, I plan to start hitting the "big jetty" any day. Some of my best days were during the start of the mullet run with NE blowing. Give me a shout if you can get down there with me one afternoon.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Ardmore thanks for the great info. NJ Bill let me know when you might be hitting the big one to see if I can swing it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
Thanks Bill,,,

Very Good Advise,,,,

Thanks,
strikes,

can you post the beach condition of holgate when you get back?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be out on that big jetty this weekend scoping it out - we have been running into some spear gunners in the south jersey area who have been seeing schooled bass all over the place - I always ask these guys if they see any big sharks around the rocks - the answers is always the same, "sharks, I don't want to see any big sharks". :eek: :eek:

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by beachboy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
Thanks Bill,,,

Very Good Advise,,,,

Thanks,
strikes,

can you post the beach condition of holgate when you get back?
</font>[/QUOTE]I took a ride down on Holgate Beach today...
\\
BeachBoy, No Problem,Here Is My Post In
The Surf Forum Today...

-----------------------------
Smooth Sailing the entire ride to the point....
I was there at High Tide and the beach is in
great condition...And The Water Looks Perfect...
Some Really Good Looking Spots To Wet A Line...
Fishing Today was very slow, a few fishermen
were at the point and there was a fleet of boats
in the inlet but I didn't see anything caught
while I was there.. No Signs of Mullet in the
Surf Yet Either...
Here are some Pictures...

Looking North At LBI about half way down

Looking South Down The Beach Toward The Point
About Half Way Down

The Point

:D My BeachBuggy is Ready For Some Action :D

[ 09-03-2004, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
678 Posts
Bill,
I've been spearfishing the big jetty now for a few years, both free diving and with tanks and it's amazing the life you see along those rocks- flouder, bass ,taug, triggers- everywhere you look, but fortunately I've not had a run in with any large sharks yet. I wonder if I could release a squid-like cloud through my wetsuit as a defense mechanism : ).
I think diving definitely makes you fish that jetty better- at least understand the travel lanes that the bass use and where they hang out when they're not feeding. I've had an incredible summer so far fishing that area- the numbers of bass are mind-boggling.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Just got my Sea Isle permit for driving on the beach. Can't wait. Was throw-netting bait on saturday in the Sea Isle area. All peanuts no mullet yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.