BASS BARN banner

Striper fishing in Raritan Bay

721 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  fishingmortgageman 
#1 ·
After the nice weather of last week I was hoping that it was time for the striper fishing to break open. I headed down to the Fishermen with high hopes but found the wind blowing much harder than expected. We headed up the bay and missed on the first spot. The second drop was in much shallower water and it wasn't long before Tom missed a fish, after his rod was trapped under Rocos. Some people thought that our $2 bet on the first fish had something to do with that miss. Sure enough Roco is soon into a fish and I hook up shortly after him. I tried to get Chris to net my fish quickly but Roco was reeling like a demon and I ended up giving him the $2. We had a nice little run of fish but when the tide died, so did the bite. As usual Ron went fish hunting and we had a pick for the rest of the day. Not great action but enough to keep you interested and definitely much better than last week. I think that everyone caught fish and most people had several. Roco was high hook with 5 even though he got cold at the end and went 0 for 7. He was like A Rod in a slump. With the wind blowing constantly it was much colder than expected and the boat was really swinging. Despite hard conditions it turned to be good day with good company as usual. Another fine job by the captain and mates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.