BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Find some mullet and net them then live line in the inlet near breakers. Toss the mullet into the wash. Sometimes you can anchor up near the breakers but I wouldn't advise for people who don't know the inlet too well.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Tried tossing some eels today in the inlet and kept getting their tails bit off by those pesky little 1 to 2 blues!....nospot, seems like nightime right now is your best shot along the sod banks and docks, mostly small ones though. I caught 2 20" stripers from a lighted dock on Sunday using a smimming minnow. You could actually see them darting out from under the dock and hitting the lure as it was inches from the dock, pretty cool! I think we have a few more weeks until things heat up, the water is just too warm, imo.....good luck

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, we are going out Tuesday to try. Mu buddy has never striper fished before. Hopefully we can land some. Probably still to early put we will give it a shot.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i fished the longport fishing pier late tuesday night...using fresh mullett, all i came up with were some pesky skate...some of my bait was accosted by what looked like small blues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.